Deputy Chief of Party-Technical Director (DCOP) at Baylor Foundation Tanzania
- Company: Baylor Foundation Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position Title: Deputy Chief of Party-Technical Director (DCOP)-1
Reports to: Chief of Party (COP)
Position Location: Mwanza, Tanzania
Job summary and qualifications
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) is responsible for the overall technical oversight of the project and is specifically responsible for project implementation that relates to facility and community-level service delivery. The DCOP reports directly to the COP and takes a leadership role in ensuring technical implementation of high impact, proven interventions and ensures the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements. S/he assumes the responsibilities of the COP in the absence of the COP. S/he coordinates among USAID and key stakeholders and other implementing partners and interacts with numerous Government of Tanzania institutions and representatives, particularly at the county-level. S/he is knowledgeable about current implementation science and state-of-the-art service delivery approaches. At a minimum, the DCOP will have:
- Ten years of experience in a senior role managing, complex technical service delivery programs of similar scope and dollar value.
- A Master’s degree in social sciences, public health, medicine, management, business administration, or a related field.
- Five years’ experience in partnership building, especially with the government representatives, donors, the private sector, and local community organizations.
- A minimum of three years of experience providing specific technical direction and oversight of the development and management of OVC programs with key populations.
- Management experience with a USG funding mechanism and familiarity with USG agreement regulations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to liaise with senior government officials, dignitaries, executives of NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, and the for-profit business community, and senior members of the donor community.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
- Relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum MS Office.
Method of ApplicationIf you are qualified and wish to join Baylor – Tanzania, kindly apply by submitting a cover letter, a detailed CV, relevant copies of your certificates, and the names and contact information of three referees.
Application should reach the Executive Directors Office at Baylor – Tanzania not later than 25th February 2021
The Executive Director,
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Tanzania
P.O. Box 5208, Mwanza
Or send to email: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 25th February, 2021