Deputy Chief of Party – Tanzania RMNCH at FHI 360
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated project in Tanzania, focused on improving reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (RMNCAH) outcomes by increasing demand for and utilization of high quality facility and community services. The Deputy Chief of Party will lead government and key stakeholder relations for the project, with special attention to capacity development initiatives. The DCOP is expected to coordinate with government and other stakeholders to ensure that activities complement ongoing initiatives and adhere to country and global standards. The position will be based in Tanzania and will report to the Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The Deputy Chief of Party will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide overall technical leadership and expertise in the implementation of health service delivery and care utilization strategies to improve RMNCAH outcomes.
- Oversee team of senior capacity development and community health staff and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members.
- Lead collaboration for the team and Government of the Republic of Tanzania partners and other key zonal and regional government stakeholders.
- Co-lead the planning of all project activities, provide oversight to timely delivery, and set and follow-up high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines.
- Co-facilitate and then eventually lead management and engagement of local and national partners to ensure capacity for transition of activity implementation is developed and demonstrated.
- Facilitate transitioning to oversight of financial and grants management compliance with FHI 360 and USAID rules and regulations.
- Master’s Degree or higher in medicine, public health, health management, social science, strongly preferred.
- 10+ years designing, implementing, and managing large, complex health service delivery projects involving multiple partners in or for developing countries.
- 5 + years’ experience designing, implementing, and managing large, complex health service delivery projects involving multiple partners in or for developing countries.
- At minimum, must have at least five years of progressively more responsible supervisory work experience that involved direct leadership of professional and support staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, with accompanying depth and breadth of technical and management expertise.
- Tanzanian national.
- Management experience with a USG award and familiarity with USAID agreement regulations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English; Swahili language fluency highly desired.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow.
- Relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum MS Office.
FHI 360 offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at FHI 360 Careers Page as soon as possible and no later than May 5th. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th April, 2021.