Deputy Chief of Party, Tanzania Heshimu Bahari at Winrock International
- Company: Winrock International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party to lead a dynamic team in implementing an anticipated USAID project funded in Tanzania, focused on marine biodiversity conservation. The project will provide technical, material, and grant management services that support and strengthen capacity for marine biodiversity conservation to i) build the capacity of public sector and civil society; ii) increase private sector engagement in marine conservation and coastal natural resources management; iii) improve the enabling environment for marine protected areas and Fisheries management at all levels; iv) enhance data availability and use in decision making.
The DCOP is responsible for providing technical and management leadership and oversight to a multi-disciplinary technical team comprised of specialists in marine biodiversity conservation, capacity building, private sector engagement, and research. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for providing technical leadership and oversight to field offices outside the project headquarters. S/he will oversee the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of program approaches and activities, mentor staff, and ensure that the anticipated project results are achieved. This is a full-time position based in Tanzania and is contingent on award of funding from USAID.
- Coordinate with the Chief of Party in management of the technical components, provide technical leadership and oversee strategic planning of activities to support project goals and objectives, including identifying and prioritizing technical approaches and activities.
- Provide technical and managerial leadership and oversight to project technical staff and field implementation teams.
- Foster effective coordination and planning among team members, partners, and stakeholders to identify and build on opportunities for project effectiveness as well as ensure workplans and efforts align with overall approaches and workstreams.
- Ensure implementation complies with USAID and Winrock protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Work with the leadership team to monitor, evaluate, document, and adapt staffing and project implementation as necessary.
- Represent the project in public and professional settings through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Serve as Acting Chief of Party (COP) as needed in the absence of the COP.
- Mentor and coach staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Academic degree in international development, environmental management, marine protected area management, fisheries, or other related field of study. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 7 years of experience in senior-level management positions for donor-funded international development projects. Senior-level staff management experience on large and complex natural resource management projects ($5M+) strongly preferred.
- Experience leading USG contracts; grants-under-contract experience preferred.
- A minimum of five years experience with technical and/or operational issues related to biodiversity, private sector engagement, natural resource management (marine protection or fisheries), or related issues.
- At least five years of demonstrated experience in senior-level roles for USAID or other high complexity projects.
- Proven experience working closely with government ministries and fostering and maintaining good working relationships with officials at national and local levels.
- Experience working in Tanzania is strongly preferred, with a strong knowledge of the country’s cultural and power dynamics.
- Demonstrated competence in delivering technical presentations.
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures as related to project management preferred.
- Knowledge of Tanzania’s political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context is strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, including proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the program.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations and coalition-building among host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English required; additionally, fluency in Kiswahili preferred.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February , 2022.