Deputy Chief of Party Programs (DCOPP) at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
ADVERTISEMENT FOR VACANCY.
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health (MOH), Ministry of Community Development Gender Elderly and Special Groups; Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Health in Zanzibar and Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to all Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing projects in comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment among general and key populations in Pwani, Shinyanga and Kigoma regions; key & vulnerable populations across 15 district councils across 4 mainland Tanzania regions, HIV and TB prevention among police and prisons officers, staff, prisoners and Health laboratory services strengthening in all mainland regions and Zanzibar.
In response to Notice of Funding Opportunity Request for Application Number
72062122RFA00002, THPS is seeking experienced, young, dynamic and qualified candidates for Chief of Party (COP), Deputy Chief of Party – Programs and Operations (DCOPP, DCOPO) and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Director positions in an anticipated opportunity through USAID/Tanzania to lead implementation of a four years Youth Empowerment and Skills (YES) Activity. This Activity will support the Government of Tanzania (GOT) to increase empowerment, productivity, and community engagement of youth through integrated cross-sectoral activities. The positions will function as the key personnel and will provide overall leadership, management and technical and operations support; and will be responsible for overseeing implementation of the Activity including technical and program management, administration, performance monitoring and will be accountable for results.
In that regard THPS will invite successful candidates for dialogue and potential engagement for the below roles, YES Activity in Tanzania should THPS be awarded the program.
The position is subject to a successful award be granted to THPS.
Deputy Chief of Party Programs (DCOPP)
Reports to: Chief of Party
Position Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Overall Job Function
The DCOPP will be responsible for overseeing management and technical operations of the program to ensure achievement of results as per YES Activity goals, objectives and plans. Under the supervision, guidance and support of the Chief of Party, the DCOPP will coordinate the provision of technical services and harmonize efforts and integration between key intervention areas and technical units. Specifically, the DCOPP will follow up performance with central technical and regional teams and serve as the representative in absence of the COP in dealing with USAID, GOT counterparts and other stakeholders. Like the COP and all other senior staff, the DCOPP will set a positive tone for the entire project and inspire staff to apply results-based approaches for timely delivery of services to the clients we serve.
- Provide managerial and technical support to the COP, assisting in areas including work planning, performance management/review, quality assurance, strategic communications and coordination
- Share responsibility with the COP in backstopping and leading technical teams
- Technically guide, coordinate and lead technical teams in consolidated work plan development and ensure alignment with budgets, effective use of resources in compliance with THPS, USAID and GOT rules, regulations and policies
- Supervise project technical planning and implementation in close collaboration and coordination with the COP
- Manages and supervise technical work of project personnel and sub grantees
- Supervises the technical team on timely implementation of planned activities, and lead effective communication internally and externally
- Leads capacity building and transition effort to ensure institutionalization and sustainability of project support to local government and other partners
- Create and sustain strong and healthy relationships to advance implementation of work plans with all partners and stakeholders and attain quality results
- Collaborate with all partners and stakeholders to integrate the mix of technical specialization and expertise according to the set objectives of the program
- Serves as the program’s key liaison with USAID, government counterparts, and local partners/stakeholders in absence and on behalf of the COP
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in education, political science, public administration, business administration, economics, youth development or related field.
- Demonstrated strong experience in application of Positive Youth Development principles, youth in youth programming, capacity and economic development, youth empowerment, gender mainstreaming and services integration
- Over five years’ working experience in senior leadership management position for USAID or other donor funded projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is key
- Good interpersonal and people management skills, a team player, demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other staff, sub awardees, GOT counterparts at national, regional and community level, USAID/Tanzania, private sector, consultants and other stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written skills with fluency in Swahili and English.
- Must be a citizen of Tanzania
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to [email protected] by 23rd March, 2022 with a position tittle as a subject line, for example ‘’Deputy Chief of Party Programs (DCOPP) YES Activity’’. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; youth, women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE