Deputy Chief Of Party – Operations at World Vision
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Deputy Chief of party (DCOP) Operations will have overall responsibility for coordination of all project activities and staff. S/he will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities. The Deputy Chief of party (DCOP) Operations shall have a keen understanding of the unique political dynamics and work carefully and collaboratively to support the various entities in (country of the grant). S/he will manage a team of senior staff, sub-recipients, and engagement with stakeholders and ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the grant. Deputy Chief of party (DCOP) Operations is expected to have strong leadership qualities and depth and breadth of technical and management expertise. S/he also provides strategic leadership and supervision of sub-grantees and sub-contractors while ensuring the security, feasibility, and sustainability of the program and contribution to Child wellbeing outcomes.
NB: This position is pending donor approval
- Work directly with and support the COP on all tasks including liaising with DONOR, senior government officials and counter parts, the donor community, and other DONOR programs.
- In conjunction with DONOR, the COP, and partners, determine annual priorities, develop work plans, and ensure program responds to changing conditions and operating environments.
- Provide day-to-day oversight for implementation of program activities, with responsibility (in collaboration with the COP for the development of high-quality and timely deliverables, management, compliance, and reporting according to DONOR and WVT requirements.
- Supervising the daily financial operations of the program, which includes cash flow management, timesheet recording, reporting to DONOR on the financial aspects of the project, and daily monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures.
- Provide leadership, management and support strategic direction for the program.
- Responsible for overseeing program management, operations, and administration including developing and maintaining sound financial management systems in line with DONOR rules and regulations, accounting best practices, and WVT policies and procedures; overseeing the activity’s procurement and subcontracting; leading development and monitoring of the activity’s budgets; overseeing financial audits; leading recruitment, orientation and training of new administrative or accounting staff; and maintaining regular communications with the senior management team to ensure program funding is managed in line with technical objectives.
- Provide management and oversight for all cross-cutting deliverables and reporting.
- Mentor program teams to produce quality work and build capacity over time.
- In the absence of the COP, serve as the day-to-day activity representative for the activity and point of contact for DONOR and WVT
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- At least 5 years of management experience for DONORS programs; climate change program experience strongly preferred.
- Prior experience serving as a DCOP operations or acting DCOP is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including national governments, the donor community, and private sector.
- Knowledge of the US Government’s commitments to support developing countries mitigate greenhouse gas emissions and adapt to climate change and how those commitments can support national policies and plan.
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, and leadership skills, including the ability to manage high-level relationships and motivate subordinates.
- Strong skills in verbal and written communication required.
- Fluency in English required
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field, or a Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of relevant experience;
- 7 years of experience in the management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment that reflects WVT commitment to diversity and gender equality.
- Ability to represent the agency at high levels.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Excellent relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching/mentoring skills.
- Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audience
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 50% Domestic travel.
- On call: 5%
- Ability to work in a tight schedule
- Cross cultural environment.
Project management skills
Both Fluent in English and Swahili Language.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Contact (within WV or outside WV)
-GAM director/Lead at the NO level and ND/Ops Director and Regional Technical Director
-Finance and Grants Manager
-Technical Leaders and Sector Specialists– Education, R&L, H&N, WASH and ICP
Reason for contact
-Proposal development and review tasks
-DME Functions and project management issues
-Technical Programming issues related to Designing, Baselines, Evaluations and Monitoring of programmes
Frequency of contact
– Quarterly when need arises
– When need arises
For all positions, select the top 3 prioritized competencies from below. Click here for a quick overview of our Core Competencies.
☐ Be Safe and Resilient
☐ Deliver Results
☐ Build Relationships
☐ Be Accountable
☐ Learn and Develop
☐ Improve and Innovate
☐ Partner and Collaborate
☐ Embrace Change
For Management positions only, select the top 2 prioritized competencies from below.
☐ Model Self-Management
☐ Engage, Influence, Lead
and Grow Others
☐ Run an Effective
and Agile Organization
☐ Develop the Organization
for the Future
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 16th March, 2022.