Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) at TAHA
- Company: TAHA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
TAHA is an apex private sector member-based organization mandated to develop and promote horticulture (flowers, fruits, vegetables, spices, herbs and horticultural seeds) in Tanzania. TAHA’s goal is to improve the growth and competitiveness of horticultural industry in the country for social and economic gains. TAHA is a unified voicing platform for Tanzania horticulture, representing farmers at all levels, processors, exporters and service providers in the horticultural industry in Tanzania.
A. Activity background
TAHA is working to respond to USAID’s Request for Application (RFA) for an upcoming USAID opportunity for USAID Tuhifadhi Chakula in Tanzania. The purpose of the Activity is to reduce food loss and waste and resultant climate effects for improved food security and livelihoods. USAID-Tuhifadhi Chakula Activity is focusing on reducing food loss and food waste by addressing post-harvest handling issues within key value chains with major contribution to Tanzania food security basket. Tuhifadhi Chakula is a five-year Activity with total budget of US $ 24 million The Activity will implement interventions around four (4) main thematic areas, which are improve food handling, storage andvalue addition at producer and commercial levels, facilitate market access to ensure agricultural good reach consumers, inform and promote policy and regulatory frameworks that reduce food loss and waste and strengthen local organisations capacity to lead on post-harvest management.
- Position: Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP)
- Reporting to: The Chief of Party (CoP)
- Duty station: Arusha, Tanzania
E. Position summary
The Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible in Activity annual planning, budgeting and reporting, management of staff under his/her portfolio and partnership management.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the position
1. Program Management
- Provide transformative leadership in development and implementation of the Annual Work Plans including guiding the team in developing departmental Annual Action Plans, Budgets, as well as Monitoring and Evaluation plans.
- Ensure staff under this portfolio have performance targets timely developed and frequent checks are done to ascertain progress.
- Work hand in hand with the MEL Manager to ensure SMART monitoring and evaluation of ground activities, and that, timely feedback is delivered and implemented by Management.
- Assist partner implementation against workplan and budget.
- Conduct regular site visits and communicate frequently with partners to monitor progress, identify challenges and ensure achievement deliverables.
- Responsible for the overall Tuhifadhi Chakula environmental compliance including keeping the PERSUAP, EMMP and environmental checklists up to date.
2. Partnership Management
- Manage programmatic activities needed for building the capacity of sub-contractors
- Ensure partner’s plans are well prepared and executed.
- Make a close follow up to ensure that partners comply with USAID requirements and TAHA.
- Identify partners’ needs for smooth coordination of the Activity.
- Financial Management
- a) Provide support to the CoP on administrative, budgetary and reporting responsibility as required.
- Ensure impact data and information (success stories, data, pictures, etc.) are timely collected, analysed and well packaged
- Responsible for impact reports development, review and timely submission to partners according to agreed timeframe.
- You shall report to the CoP and continue to implement any other duties as guided by the CoP and TAHA management.
G. Qualifications and skills
|DegreeLevel||Master’s degree in agriculture/horticulture/agribusiness, program/project management, or a related field from an accredited university.|
|Experience||a) At least seven (7) years of demonstrated experience in a management position in a development program context.b) Experience leading large, complex programs required.
c) Demonstrated value chain approach, marketing system Development which led to greater competitiveness and inclusiveness in markets.
d) Good knowledge of planning, budgeting, managing, monitoring and controlling projects and experience applying USAID rules and regulations is preferred
|Key Skills||Strong communication, fluency in English and Swahili, negotiation, presentation, management, and leadership skills; goal-oriented, flexible, and creative under pressure and computer skills|
The successful candidate will be remunerated according the TAHA salary scales, and in alignment with the candidate’s qualifications and professional experience. Other benefits include health insurance for the candidate and his/her dependants (spouse and up to 4 legal children), life insurance, and telephone credit allowance.
Method of ApplicationInterested and suitably qualified individuals should send their applications enclosing detailed;
- Application letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of qualification certificates
The cover letter to be addressed to;
Human Resources and Administration Manager
P.O. Box 16520, ARUSHA.
Please note: TAHA is an equal opportunity employer that welcome all qualified candidates to apply for the open positions. TAHA is committed to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected.
Deadline for receiving application is Monday, 1st May, 2023
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE