Deputy Chief of Party at Palladium
- Company: Palladium
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected]
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role: The Deputy Chief of Party is a full-time position for an upcoming award being solicited through USAID/Tanzania to increase economic opportunities for youth and to improve the business enabling environment for youth entrepreneurs, youth-led startups, and youth-led businesses, particularly within the agriculture sector. The activity will support private sector associations to strategically develop, strengthen operations, and improve service provision for youth entrepreneurs, startups, and businesses, ultimately facilitating stronger market systems and more resilient, inclusive youth-led enterprises. Building the capacity of private sector associations to advocate for implementation of pro-business and pro-youth policies and to deliver high-quality services needed by youth in the private sector will have broader ripple effects across the Tanzanian private sector, benefiting all businesses and giving them a better chance to grow and thrive. This position will be based in Tanzania and is contingent upon contract award to Palladium.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work closely with the COP, Finance and Administration Director, and Technical Leads as part of the senior leadership team to determine and support strategic objectives of the project.
· Provide leadership for strategy and implementation for the technical areas.
· Provide technical direction and oversight in the design, implementation, and monitoring of workplans and budgets.
· Support technical strategies and activities at the national, regional, and local levels, including conceptualizing new activities related to emerging trends and initiatives.
· Advise the COP in alignment of human resources with project work plans and additional requests from USAID, including sourcing of fulltime employees and consultants.
· Supervise, either directly or indirectly, staff to carry out activities in the portfolio; in doing so, ensure activities are on track, meet Palladium’s technical quality standards, and are delivered on schedule and on budget.
· Ensure adherence to USAID, project, corporate, and in-country policies, and procedures governing all technical work.
· Liaise with USAID management team on all issues pertaining to technical aspects of the project, including meetings, workplans, and technical updates, and respond to ad hoc technical requests from USAID and other entities.
· Work with technical leads to design and implement strategic approaches to expand project activities and innovative approaches.
· Work with the Finance & Administration Director, adapt and implement management systems with standard operating procedures to administer all activities funded by the agreement.
· Oversee and participate in the preparation of necessary technical and program-related reports, including presentations, peer-reviewed publications presenting innovation on health policy, and white papers.
· Guide and support training and capacity development efforts in support of project activities and deliverables.
· Provide functional guidance to outside vendors to ensure deliverables are met within timelines and budgets.
· Organize, as needed, project/program trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
· Represent the project and organization, as needed, and participate in outside associations, conferences, and symposia.
· Demonstrated senior-level leadership (e.g., Project Director, Deputy Director) to programs of similar magnitude and complexity is preferred.
· Demonstrated progressive experience working on education systems strengthening projects, including quality improvement, leadership and management, human resources, and education financing, among others. Experience in Tanzania is preferred.
· Demonstrated experience working with senior level representatives of developing country governments, international organizations, U.S. Government Agencies, other bilateral donors, civil society organizations, and private sector organizations.
· Demonstrated ability to organize and effectively and efficiently navigate the rules and regulations of U.S. Government awards.
· Full professional proficiency in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Experience with USAID (highly desirable) and other donors (e.g., GPE, World Bank, DFID, etc.).
· Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based research)
· Ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent activities and deadlines.
· Must be willing to live and travel within Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click HereBR>
Closing Date : 2nd December , 2021.