Demand Planning Advisor at The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC TA-TZ)
- Company: The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC TA-TZ)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH), and essential medicines. In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania (GoT) by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
The Demand Planning Advisor will strive to improve overall availability of medicines in Tanzania; provide technical expertise to demand planning and quantification, with specific focus on HIV and TB; identify and encourage the adoption of leading practices for forecasting and supply planning; mentor and build the skills of relevant stakeholders within the GoT to forecast demand, and monitor supply plans; and recommend interventions to improve commodity security.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide technical subject matter expertise on all areas related to demand planning management including but not limited to:
- Providing expert technical assistance in quantification of commodity needs, focusing on HIV and TB, and advocating for best practices in forecasting and supply planning
- Preparing for and executing quantification exercises, in partnership with GoT
- Conducting forecast accuracy analyses and identifying areas of improvement
- Coaching stakeholders from the GoT to review and analyze supply chain implications of product selection and changes in testing, treatment, and care guidelines, and adjust supply plans accordingly
- Providing guidance to estimate the cost of required commodities and identifying financial resources to meet commodity financing needs
- Coaching the GoT to perform pipeline analyses and monitor in-country supply levels
- Highlighting potential supply plan challenges, and developing recommendations to address them
- Consulting with project team members based in the field to identify issues in data quality and availability, and identifying opportunities to improve data that informs quantification exercises.
- Update the ARV and TB pipeline database with stock on hand (SOH), consumption, shipment status, prices, and unit of measure.
- Review ARV and TB pipelines by analyzing forecasts, updating supply plans and sharing with stakeholders; and producing timely updates to GHSC-PSM
- Support quantification of ARV commodities in Zanzibar by collaborating with Zanzibar Ministry of Health
- Review ARV pipeline in Zanzibar by analyzing forecasts, updating supply plans and sharing with stakeholders; and quarterly report updates with the Chief Pharmacist Office (CPO)
- Participate in routine communications with GHSC-PSM, and highlight issues that should be brought to national programs for decision making
- Identify lessons learned, best practices, and potential success stories
- Complete and submit timely written technical, activity and trip reports
- Prepare presentations, participate and/or represent the project in stakeholder meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Higher qualification in Pharmacy, supply chain management, or other Public Health professions
- At least 5 years of experience
- Experience with national quantifications of malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH), others
- Experience with programmatic interventions or commodity management for HIV/AIDS and TB in public sector health facilities
- Data analysis and data management skills
- Advanced skills in Excel highly desirable
- Experience in and knowledge of leading practices in quantification
- Knowledge of health supply chains in Tanzania
- Ability to coach and mentor public sector stakeholders to conduct forecasts and quantifications
- Experience with PipeLine, Quantimed, QuanTB
- Experience working with the Government of Tanzania and other NGOs preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Ability to prepare and present information related to commodity availability
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Previous work experience with USAID-funded projects is desirable.
- Proficiency in common computer packages (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work.
- Able to travel in-country to support technical activities.
Readiness to conduct a test of Microsoft Excel skills.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates are invited to send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae with names and contact details of 3 work related references, enclosing certificate copies of relevant education and training.
Submission may be sent to – [email protected] by 22nd June 2022.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
GHSC is an equal opportunity employer