Declaration Officer at Marinair Freight Ltd
- Company: Marinair Freight Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Declaration Officer
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reports to: Operations Manager
Type of Position: Contract
Main Purpose of Job: To accurately prepare and process error-free customs entries on behalf of the company within the laid down legal and statutory requirements for the customs clearance procedure.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
Effective Import declaration Form Applications Processing
- Collect or receive Proforma and / or Commercial Invoice files from the Client Service Department
- Scrutinize and ensure the Import Declaration Forms and documents are all correct
- Effectively establish appropriate HS codes and incoterms
- Accurately enter Import Declaration Form data in the TANCIS system
- Coordinate IDF application fee payments and approval in the system
- Ensure processed IDFs are dispatched to the clients or respective Client Service team for pre-shipment inspection purpose
Ensure an Effective Declaration Process
- Promptly procure customers’ manifests from the airline handling centers for airfreight and the shipping lines for sea freight through the Client Services department, Mombasa Operations Team, or any other source as applicable.
- Confirm and re-confirm HS codes used at IDF application for suitability
- Compare and ensure manifested details tally with the shipping documents
- Ensure the Customs entries are prepared with Zero errors
- Prepare and make declarations of customs entries within agreed service levels
- Promptly communicate discrepancies/ issues to Operations Manager.
- Ensure data has been entered accurately into the Mafl system
- Ensure taxes payables have been captured correctly
- Follow up and ensure taxes have been promptly paid
- Monitor and ensure entries have been processed at the Document Processing Centre once payment has been made
- Perform quality assurance on work processed
- Identify and escalate recurring or consistent problems with systems functionality
Provide Administrative and Departmental Support
- Regularly provide advice to Clients, Client Services team on Tax estimates as per the KPIs
- Promptly provide information on HS codes, Tariff classification, and IDF preparation to relevant managers as required
- Effectively handle all issues arising from disputes over tariff and valuation at any stage of clearance
- Maintain a professional working relationship with internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Ensure departmental and individual objectives are achieved
- Plan, scheduled, and actively participate in departmental meetings
- Establish, prioritize and present departmental action plans for meeting
- Effectively liaise with Stakeholders, Clients, Customs, ICDs, CFSs, Shipping lines, and staff from the same and other departments to ensure accurate entry and procedures
- Correspond efficiently with the stakeholders (including and not limited to TASAC, TRA, Banks, etc.) using the respective systems
- Effectively monitor current market trends in regard to customs and other stakeholders and sensitize the Company appropriately
Client Services Support
- Effectively handle customer queries and disputes and proactively follow through to resolution
- Promptly investigate and resolve customers’ complaints and escalate if appropriate to the Operations Manager.
- Establish and process the required permits as required
- Provide advice to clients on the required permits and processes
- Effectively respond to customers’ issues arising from the IDF applications under process.
- Promptly hand over files to the Client Services team for cargo movement follow-up after IDF application
- Promptly prepare tax estimates for the Customers and Client Services Department
Other Specialist Training or Certifications
- Single Window and TANCIS
- Bachelor’s degree in Shipping and ports logistics management or any other related study.
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
- At least 3 years of experience
- Experience and full understanding of Airfreight and Sea freight clearance procedures
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent knowledge of SINGLE WINDOW and TANCIS online systems
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Information management skills
- Keen to detail
Method of ApplicationPlease send your application cover letter & CV via email to [email protected] with DECLARATION OFFICER as the Email Subject on or before February 15, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted