DC Operations Specialist at Absa
- Company: Absa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
To manage and oversee the implementation, maintenance and enhancement of Data Centre Operations (Core Banking), focusing on providing the Level 1 and Level 2 support on application configuration and troubleshooting, systems and daily monitoring.
- Responsible for the Support on Data Center and Branch Systems Operations (Core Banking).
- Ensure the Core Banking processing such as EOD and SOD batches are run successful.
- Ensure jobs such as Maintenance, Housekeeping, Run Schedule, Holiday, Report, Parameter and DCS are run successful.
- Ensure proper configurations of products, Password and applications are properly set.
- Daily monitoring, troubleshooting, resolve or escalate to vendors incidents related to the Data Centres operations.
- Provide a range of IT availability reporting to ensure that agreed levels of availability, reliability and maintainability are measured and monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Analyse and review actual availability levels achieved against SLAs and OLAs.
- Act as a coordination point for changes to availability levels of applications when needed.
- Provide regular reports on availability to the Head of Service Management.
- Agree appropriate actions to maintain or improve availability levels.
- Ensure replication is happening between the Data Centres.
- Responds to and corrects issues related to the operation of Data Centre.
- Develops strategy to ensure future business requirements are addressed on Core Banking as well through projects and enhancements.
- Oversee maintenance and second level support for all applications within the Core Banking infrastructure.
- Work closely with the infrastructure team to ensure availability of Core Banking core systems to service level requirements.
- Lead initiatives on Cost saving Setup and implementation.
- Develop relationships at all levels of the organization as well as with outside vendors and contractors.
- Identify issues with cost, risk, inter-dependencies, impact on current business activities and the strategic benefits to be realized.
- Ensure SLA’s are followed and met, through the monitoring and reporting of targets and the undertaking of corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure all projects, small enhancements and business initiatives are aligned and compliant to establish the Bank’s compliance with the Central Bank.
- Ensure that proper testing occurs for all Application changes released into the Core Banking environments.
Higher Diplomas: Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences (Required)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17th March, 2021.