Database Manager at Deloitte
- Company: Deloitte
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Comprehensive Client-Centered Health
Program HIV/TB LOC (C3HP) in Southern regions in Tanzania. This is a five year project (November 9,
2021 to September 30, 2026) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the
Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Elderly and Children
(MOHCDGEC) and the President’s Office- Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) at
the central level and in target Mainland regions to deliver high quality integrated HIV and TB prevention,
care and treatment services that will improve health outcomes, particularly for youth and children. The
program intends to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated HIV and Tuberculosis services
in Iringa, Lindi, Morogoro, Mtwara, Njombe, and Ruvuma regions by improving access to quality services
in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health seeking behaviours among
Tanzania’s population, and enhancing the overall policy environment for HIV & TB service delivery.
Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with
exemplary ethical conduct to join the C3HP program as Database Manager.
Work in close collaboration with the program’s monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) team to
design, manage, analysis and produce various reports as needed by C3HP Program. Designing and
developing database applications in response to program’s information needs (e.g. DHIS2, SQL, MS
Access, MS Excel, EMR).
• Install developed applications, write application manuals, and train of users.
• Automate data transfer from DHIS2 to Project database (ProDMIS) and from ProDMIS to PEPFAR
database (DATIM) for program indicators.
• Develop a web-based reporting system that can validate and clean collected data for program
• Maintain the program’s databases integrity including monitor performance; backup and recovery;
managing users; secure data; and upgrade hardware and software as needed
• Develop standardized programming, data quality checks, and data documentation procedures.
• Develop and ensure adherence to policies for security and confidentiality of program’s identifiable
health data and monitor staff compliance with confidentiality policies.
• Design systems to automate and create special maps from GIS and health datasets; investigate
patterns and analysing spatial data; write standard metadata for GIS data resources.
• Develop web based and mobile GIS applications, customise desktop GIS software to facilitate end
user training and ease of use
• Liaise closely with ICT department MOHCDCEG, participating in task forces and TWGs and sharing
project lessons learned with Government and stakeholders
• In close collaboration with ICT department and m-Community of practice develop/strengthen a
DHIS2 data collection application for CTC2, PMTCT, TB, FP and HIV with built-in data validation
checks and offline mode capabilities, for health care workers and data clerks at facilities, enabling
them to quickly populate and submit accurate health information
• In collaboration with regional teams, developing, implementing and monitoring supportive
supervision and QI initiatives for improved data management.
• Master’s degree in computer sciences or Biostatistics
• Minimum of five years of experience in systems development and Health Management Information
• Proficiency in statistical analyses using SPSS, STATA, or SAS programming language
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Good communication skills (written, presenting and listening)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th December , 2021.