Database Administrator (entry level) at Bank of Tanzania (BOT)
- Company: Bank of Tanzania (BOT)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Bank of Tanzania, an equal opportunity employer and Tanzania’s Central Bank, is looking for suitably qualified young Tanzanian citizens of high personal integrity to fill the following vacant positions at the Head Office, Dodoma, Sub Head Offices in Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar and its Branches in Arusha, Mbeya, Mtwara, Mwanza and Training Institute, Mwanza.
Position: Database Administrator (entry level) – 1 Post
Reports to: Head of Division
Contract type: Permanent and Pensionable
To store and organize data to ensure it remains consistent across the database as well as installation and configuration of devices.
Key Performance Areas:
- Install, assemble and configure desktop computers, monitors and laptop computers;
- Allocate systems storage and planning future storage requirements for Central Banking System and other interfaced systems databases;
- Create primary database storage structures (table spaces, views, indexes) for new application modules;
- Examine and administer systems performance tuning;
- Participate in systems integration and interfacing;
- Formulate and maintain an integrated data dictionary;
- Advise on issues related to database system of the Bank;
- Monitor standards, procedures and access methods for database management systems;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Education/Professional Qualifications required:
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Communication Technology (ICT), Computer Engineering or its equivalent from accredited institution with at least upper second class.
- Fresh graduate or with experience of not more than three (3) years.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contact address, email and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strengths of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach the following:
- Certified copies of Degree or Advanced Diploma
- Certified copies of Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates. iii. Certified Professional Certifications from respective professional bodies
- Certified birth certificates.
- One recent passport size photograph.
- Form IV and form VI results slips are strictly not accepted.
- Applicants should indicate two reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary and advanced level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants are required to apply for one position only. Applicants who will apply for more than one position will be disqualified.
- Applicants must indicate the position applied for on top of the envelope with the application letter.
- Applicants are required to disclose relevant information in their applications. Giving false or incomplete information will lead to disqualification at any time during the recruitment process or after appointment.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants must submit a duly signed application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and certified certificates to the following address:
Administration and Internal Controls,
Bank of Tanzania,
2 Mirambo Street,
11884 DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submitting the application is 18 June 2021. at 16.00 pm.