Database Administrator at DTB Bank
- Company: DTB Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Database Administrator (DBA) will keep the Bank’s databases up and running smoothly 24/7. Their goal will be to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users. In addition, the DBA will ensure that all database related incidents/faults are prioritized for resolution in order to minimize downtime.
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Manage database access.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
- Provide first level support for all infrastructure to all Branches and Head Office units.
- Log/report/escalate all infrastructure faults/incidents.
- Manage incidents within agreed SLA.
- Ensure high availability of all databases.
- Perform housekeeping/maintenance activities on the databases.
- Administer UNIX Environments (AIX and Red Hat).
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science or related academic field from a recognized higher learning institution.
- Professional certifications OCA and OCP in Oracle Database 11g or higher is mandatory.
- At least 3 years of experience with Database Administration in Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and MariaDB.
- In-depth experience of Oracle Dataguard, DG Broker, GoldenGate and RAC, MSSQL log shipping and MSSQL Failover Clusters technologies.
- General knowledge in shell scripting will be an added advantage.
- General knowledge of Database Performance Tuning.
- Experience with cloud-based databases is an added advantage
- IT Service Management, Communication and Project Management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a self-starter, prioritizing work with minimum supervision.
- Committed to self-development and enthusiastic about acquiring new skills and embracing new technologies.
- Ability to manage database service providers, vendors and others.
Method of ApplicationApplications should be submitted to [email protected]
DTB is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing Date : 21st July, 2023.