Data Quality Assessment Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at l-TECH
- Company: l-TECH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
l-TECH is a center in the University of Washington’s Department of Global Health. I-TECH has projects in more than 20 countries, and its worldwide staff work in partnership with local ministries of health, universities, non-governmental organizations, medical facilities, and other partners. I-TECH supports development of skilled work forces and overall health systems strengthening with a focus on sustainability and transition to local ownership. I-TECH is committed to being anti-racist and promotes health and equity in health for all people worldwide.
The organization wishes to invite competent, highly qualified, experienced and dedicated professionals to fill the positions below. All positions are based in Dar es Salaam with a starting date of October, 2023
Data Quality Assessment Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (1)
The incumbent provides overall technical guidance and support to DQA of indicators reported under Afya Hatua program activities leading to achievement of the 95-95-95 goals for HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. S/he will develop, implement, and monitor Data Quality Assurance and Program Evaluation activities in Tanga Shinyanga, Pwani and Kigoma Regions. S/he is fully responsible for technical leading the development/ad- aptation and implementation of SOPs and other tools related to Afya Hatua evaluation and DQA. The DQA Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will work in close collaboration with the Country Representative, Seattle based Evaluation Leader, Senior Program and Grant Manager, HIV Technical Officer -DQA Officer and Data Manager and Analyst to develop responsive methodologies to assess and verify priority indicators reported at facilities to determine if it is of the type, quantity, and quality needed and ensure verification of reported data to provide clear indication of strengths and/or gaps in the system and to assist in planning to improve data quality.
Key Responsibilities Include:
DQA Technical Support 60%
- Develop, regularly update, and oversee quarterly DQA activities plan for the DQRteam.
- Serve as technical expert in developing/adapting detailed methodolo- gies/approaches and supporting tools to apply during DQAs.
- Oversee the development or revision of data collection tools and SOPs
- Critically review DQA Officers reports, activity briefs, and other relevant documents before sending to THPS or CDC
- Develop and recommend data quality improvement plan for the regions based on results from DQA reports.
- Ensure all DQA activities are in line with standard practices as per DQA National Guideline.
- Build capacity and provide technical expertise to the team on all technical aspects of program implementation, from design to planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation, status review and progress of the program.
- Contribute to development of work plans developing that align with budget.
- Represent I-TECH to the funder, MOH and stakeholders’ meetings with key experts in HIV care and treatment clinics in Tanzania.
- Provide technical support in adaptation and implementation of the program’s monitoring and evaluation framework including understanding and integrating set performance indicators in routine facility meetings.
- Lead training and mentorship of new staff for DQA and evaluation activities
- Identify and solve issues related to DQA and evaluation together with the Team.
- Correspond with the Evaluation Lead and Senior Program Manager (US based) and Country Team with Afya Hatua project updates.
- Provide updates on implemented activities at weekly program meetings (Tanzania) and all team meetings (Tanzania and US Teams)
Evaluation Technical Support 30%
- Provide overall M&E technical guidance to technical team, specifically ensuring adherence to the evaluation protocol
- Draft and/or revise proposals, protocols, and instruments for selected assessments and evaluations included in the I-TECH Tanzania annual workplan.
- Develop operational plans for the evaluation, including sampling strategies, data collection timelines, with guidance from the Evaluation Lead
- Identify and communicate technical challenges to Evaluation Lead/Technical Team and implement solutions
- Train/orient new I-TECH staff and data collectors in evaluation protocols, SOPs, and tools
- Ensure on time collection and reporting of routine data in REDCap
- In collaboration with Data Manager/Analyst conduct data quality checks and verification of evaluation data for presentations and reports
- Ensure data collectors adhere to evaluation protocol and SOPs
- Contribute to analyses of evaluation data for reports and manuscripts, with guidance from the Evaluation Lead
- Contribute to development of work plans, review plans with team against targets, and implement adjustments as needed
Reporting and Dissemination 15%
- Draft/compile reports to THPS, donors, and in-country stakeholders (facilities, etc.) according to agreed timelines and formats
- Co-Facilitate Evaluation Committee Meetings
- Develop abstracts and manuscripts related to this project, with coaching from Evaluation Lead
- Develop and deliver scientific presentations to local, national, and international audiences.
Other duties as assigned 5%
- Perform other technical duties as assigned
- Masters in strategic information (SI), Monitoring and evaluation (M&E), biostatistics or related courses. Health qualifications (MD, Nursing, Public Health equivalent)
- At least 5 years’ experience directly implementing HIV care, treatment, and prevention services in Tanzania.
- A minimum of five years of experience in M&E, preferably in PEPFAR-funded activities, research and data collection techniques, required.
- Previous experience assisting DQA teams, preferred.
- At least 3 years working with Quality Improvement and/or public health evaluation projects, and knowledge of monitoring and assessment techniques, procedures, and protocols.
- A minimum of five-year of experience in undertaking DQAs for PEPFAR or its Implementing partners, including planning, methodology, data collection, analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated experience conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis in development sector required
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate large amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy required
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite required
- Knowledge in PEPFAR reporting system (DATIM) and MER indicators.
- Knowledge in Tanzania HIV data management systems especially CTC-2, CTC-3, and DHIS-2.
- Demonstrated clear and concise writing and communications skills. Experience with report and publication layouts, newsletters, report writing, editing, or article publication desired
- Fluency in verbal and written English as well as strong writing skills in English
- Ability to travel.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate communication between professionals in a manner that respects cultural differences and contributes to effective partnerships:
- Experience in PEPFAR or other US government-funded programs is an advantage