Data Officer (DO) (17) at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
USAID Police and Prisons Activity
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Presidents Office – Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing projects in comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment among general populations in Pwani and Kigoma regions; key and vulnerable populations across 25 district councils across 13 mainland Tanzania regions, Tuberculosis and Family Planning Activity in Kigoma, Rukwa, Songwe and Katavi regions, and Health laboratory services strengthening in all mainland regions and Zanzibar. Additionally, THPS implements research and evaluations across health programs to generate evidence that informs public health interventions.
THPS has been awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72062120CA00005 – USAID Police and Prison Activity, aimed at ensuring Health status of Tanzanians are improved through provision of appropriate interventions and sustainable delivery of health services to Police and Prison staffs, their families, and surrounding communities. The Activity will be implemented across 26 regions of Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar. THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below.
Title: Data Officer (DO) (17 Positions)
Reports to Medical Officer In charge (MOI)
Position Location: Health Facilities in Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar
Overall Job Summary:
To implement high-standard paper-based and electronic-based health facility record keeping systems for patient record management of CTC in support of the MHA and Ministry of Health’s National and AIDS Control Program.
Roles and responsibilities:
In the CTC:
- Primarily responsible for transcription of patient information, family information, visits, and laboratory results and other findings into the HTS, CTC2, Pharmacy module and ETL database. Liaise with facility DOT nurses to ensure entry and completeness of TB services data in TB registers, ETL
- Review relevant clinic records and perform paper-based data quality checks on CTC 2 cards and HIV and TB
- Compile weekly, Monthly, quarterly and cohort reports summarizing program progress of the CTC, HTS and
- Provide data entry support to CHMTs into the DHIS2 including conducting data reviews and validations at facility and district level as required
- At computerized sites, conduct perform data quality assurance checks for the electronic data and data completeness for paper based sites
- Ensure all the patients records are correctly stored and monitored according to the NACP guidelines on storage of confidential client information and continuous back up of the CTC2 database files after visit or
- To enter twenty patients or two hundred visits per day for computerized Facility
- Feedback to CTC staff of the patient appointments, documenting any patients with missed appointments, those lost to follow-up and updating clinic staff on final status of patients
- Collaborate with community and health facility levels staffs for tracking both HIV and TB clients, producing list of Missed Appointment and LTFU and updating the database accordingly when patients return to care
- Offer all the necessary support and assistance on data requests at facility or district level to assist the P&P staff in all data-related requests and reporting
- Participate in internal Data Quality Assessment with R/CHMT;
- Prepare a list of patients who are eligible for HVL on weekly basis from the CTC2 database, share with CTC in charge ensure all HVL sample collected and results received are documented and entered into CTC2 cards and CTC2 database on timely manner;
- Ensure that all TPT records (start and completion) are timely documented into CTC2 cards, registers and database
- Other duties as assigned by Medical Officer Incharge or Zonal Strategic information officer
Qualification, Experience and Skills required:
- Form six level Candidates with a nursing, counseling, and/or records keeping background.
- Diploma in Health Medical record
- Familiarity with the health system and hospital medical
- Computer knowledge in Word, Excel, and MS Access
- Capable of independently implementing the duties described above. Fluent in Kiswahili and English
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one-page maximum and CV four pages’ maximum to [email protected] by (10th November 2020) with a subject line of ‘USAID Police and Prisons Activity’. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.