Data Officer (6) at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
MDH in collaboration with Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Kigamboni and Ubungo Municipal Councils invites suitable candidates to apply for the following posts under the Council Directors.
JOB TITLE: Data Officer (06 Positions)
WORK STATION: Ilala, Temeke and Kigamboni Municipal Councils
REPORTING TO: Health Facility In-charge
Duties and Responsibilities
Data Entry Officers will be under the direct supervision of a Data Supervisor and reporting to the Health Facility in-charge.
Tasks for a Data Officer will include but not be limited to the following activities.
- Enter quickly and accurately clinical, laboratory, tracking or other forms into database under the monitoring of District Data Coordinator, Data Supervisor and reporting to the Site Manager
- Produce, review and share as per agreed schedule weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for various program areas such as HTS, index testing, enhanced PITC, PMTCT and TB/HIV
- Routinely analyze and produce lists of patients for follow up such as missing appointment, LTFU, Viral Load, etc.
- Facilitate simple data analysis and interpretation at the facility level to encourage data use for planning and decision making at the facility level
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with supervisors regarding forms with problems
- Monitor various databases at the facility and communicate both verbally and in writing with supervisors regarding database challenges.
- Reconcile differences between different databases by running queries, reviewing appropriate form and correcting all differences
- Locate and review archived or filed forms if necessary
- Attend data staff meetings at the specified times
- Communicate both verbally and in writing suggestions for improvements to data entry or data flow to supervisors
- Complete other data tasks as assigned
- A Minimum of form four education, certificate or diploma level training on computer study.
- At least one (1) year experience of data entry
- Good communication skills
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Committed to work and adheres to work regulations
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two referees. Applications should be submitted by 04 December, 2020 to the SHRO, Dar es Salaam Sub-grantee through e-mail
[email protected] or drop by hand at MDH HQ, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; Mikocheni area (B) 802 Mwai Kibaki road near New Regency Park Hotel. Please note:
1. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No Applicant is supposed to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment process.