Data Manager at Youth Wings (YW)
- Company: Youth Wings (YW)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
YOUTH WINGS (YW) is a Youth Led CSO based in Arusha whose purpose is to respond to the rights and needs of young generations caught up the turbulence in achieving their ambitions to reach their fullest potential. YOUTH WINGS dedicated to advocates for improvement of health services, economic opportunities and equity social wellbeing of Tanzanian youths who are vulnerable to contact HIV/AIDS. YOUTH WINGS expands its interventions to all parts of the mainland Tanzania with focus on Sexual and Reproductive Health Services (SRH), Civic Engagement, Human Rights, HIV & AIDS, Harm Reduction, Child Protection and Economic Empowerment.
About the Role:
YOUTH WINGS is implementing a project named Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) in Arusha Region in two councils Arusha CC & Meru DC. EpiC is a global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) which is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. YOUTH WINGS Tanzania is currently recruiting for the position of DATA MANAGER to fill the vacancy of the existing project (EpiC).
The DATA MANAGER is responsible for providing leadership, management and technical assistance in the development and implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation systems supporting YOUTH WINGS programs. This includes developing and updating the Monitoring and Evaluation strategy and framework for excellent program monitoring and evaluation, as well as related policies, guidelines and standard procedures. The DATA MANAGER is responsible for effective program data management that includes collection, cleaning, archiving, analyzing and reporting to regional office, Government of Tanzania and donors. S/he will incorporate innovation and best practices in data utilization.
Also, will be responsible in data management processes and tools to ensure effective program management during implementation will provide technical support will provide leadership to YOUTH WINGS HIV Community Services portfolio in strengthening district and regional HIV M&E Systems by ensuring that all activities meet the highest standards through provision of strategic information which will inform the right direction of the program. S/he will oversee HIV Community Services teams focused on designing and implementation of M&E strategies including data quality assurance and associated frameworks. This position requires experience in working with HIV/AIDS mostly at high-risk men and women interventions, and also ability to interact well with peer educators and health service providers from the health facilities in a non-stigmatized and non-judgmental manner. Reporting directly to PROGRAMME MANAGER, the DATA MANAGER will be responsible for the quality delivery of the EpiC project across Arusha CC and Meru DC.
• Lead a team supporting timely, accurate and appropriate reporting project activities and results to the program management team.
• Collaborate with the project team to design and implement M&E systems to collect, manage and disseminate data by reporting progress towards the program objectives.
• Ensure that routinely collected data summaries are available in a timely fashion and a user-friendly format for regular use in program monitoring.
• Ensure that YOUTH WINGS best supports districts and regional efforts to review and improve community HIV program performance through the use of quality routinely collected data.
• Work with the Strategic Information team to ensure electronic systems are in place to manage and disseminate program data from client to national level.
• Ensure timely and complete data entry from paper-based sources to electronic sources.
• Review completed paper-based tools and compare electronic data entries with source documents on a regular basis to verify accuracy of data and make corrections as needed.
• Track referral forms and conduct verification with registers and databases at facilities to verify completed referrals and linkage outcomes.
• Facilitate generation of queries and ensure data cleaning activities are conducted systematically
• Work with the ICT department to fix any errors and problems observed in the databases and report any systems malfunction to central team as needed.
• Lead in training new outreach workers on data collection tools, including referrals, reporting and database.
• Conduct regular data quality assessments and joint supportive supervision with CHMT team to ensure the highest degree of program data quality.
• Develop all monthly, quarterly, and other reports on all indicators for submission and review to central team.
• Ensure all team members maintain security of data tools at all times, including protecting the confidentiality of records and data.
• Involved in data reporting quarterly, semi-annually (SAPR) and annually (APR) and any other reports as necessary by GOT and Donor.
• Proven track record of at least 3 years working as DATA MANAGER position in HIV prevention, care and treatment. Experience in working with HIV Community interventions will be an added advantage.
• Focus in HIV/AIDS, Sexual and Reproductive Health Programme implementation in Tanzanian context.
• Adept in data analysis using data analytical and visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI and Advanced Microsoft Excel. Abilities to conduct spatial analysis using Quantum Geographical Information System (QGIS) and/or ArcGIS and to interact with CTC2 Analytics are added advantages.
• Ability to manage data such as data cleaning using Microsoft Power Query and/or report connections using Application Programming Interface (API).
• Demonstrated familiarity with MOHCDGEC/PEPFAR data systems including DHIS (HMIS Tanzania), CTC2 Database, INFOLINK and DATIM.
• Strong abilities in data dissemination, data interpretation and presentational skills.
• Strong data analysis, graphical data presentation, dissemination and report writing skills.
• Demonstrated familiarity with MOHCDGEC/PEPFAR data systems including DHIS, CTC2 and DATIM.
• Excellent customer focused interpersonal skills to interact in an effective manner with practitioners, literate and non-literate audiences, the interdisciplinary health care team, community agencies, patients, and families with diverse opinions, values, religious, cultural ideals, team player and builder.
• Strong understanding and demonstrable experience of results-based management processes, including taking responsibility for M&E informing Programme management and development.
• Demonstrable experience of providing effective Programme coordination and targeted capacity-building support to peer educators to deliver health/HIV/TB related programmes.
• Strong understanding and demonstrable experience of working closely with local government structures, systems and strategic points of engagement to integrate programmatic priorities in local government processes.
• Excellent computer skills at minimum with Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, Power point and Access. • Excellent written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in health informatics, social sciences or statistics.
Method of ApplicationYOUTH WINGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a competitive compensation package. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Department PO. BOX 16375 Ilboru Arusha, through [email protected] and CC: [email protected] by uploading an Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume with Names and Addresses of three (3) referees as a single document in pdf format.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to apply. The deadline for submitting the application is: (12:00 PM) 28th June 2023. NB: This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. YOUTH WINGS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status and physical or mental disability