Data Manager at PHSRF
- Company: PHSRF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
PHSRF is a non-governmental organization that was founded on demand-driven reasons for saving the lives of Tanzanians. Formed out of the former Angaza Zaidi program, a countrywide HIV and AIDS prevention and sensitization program under USAID that was implemented in 2001, PHSRF has accumulated over 15 years of hands-on experience in implementing HIV and AIDS prevention, sensitization, and awareness-raising projects across the country. PHSRF is legally registered by the United Republic of Tanzania under the Non-Governmental Organization ACT, 2002 with Registration Number OONGO/R2/000103.Under EpiC project Partners for Health Services and Research Foundation (PHSRF) will support activities for HIV prevention, care, and treatment and other related services among KVP and PP in Kinondoni district, Dar-es-Salaam region of Tanzania.
Job Title: Data Manager (1 position).
Reports to: Project Manager.
Location: Dar es Salaam.
Contract Type: 7 months with renewal based on performance and availability funds.
Overall, Job function
To provide overall technical support in the planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities required for implementation of community interventions for HIV prevention, care and treatment and other related services among KVP and PP in Kinondoni district, Dar-es Salaam Region S/he will work closely with EpiC regional teams, Kinondoni Health Management Teams, Health care providers, Civil Society Organizations and other key stakeholders to ensure high-quality program implementation. As the member of senior technical leadership, s/he will report to PHSRF on EpiC project progress.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the project team to design and implement M&E systems to collect, manage and disseminate data by reporting progress towards the program objectives.
- Ensure that routinely collected data are available on time and presented in a user-friendly format for regular use in program monitoring.
- Develop all monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on all indicators for donor and organization use.
- Conduct regular data quality assessments and joint supportive supervision with CHMT team to ensure the highest degree of program data quality.
- Ensure all team members maintain security of data tools at all times, including protecting the confidentiality of records and data.
- Assess system performance and make recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage improvements.
- Track referral forms and conduct verification with registers and databases at facilities to verify completed referrals and linkage outcomes.
- Develop and implement procedures for effective data management, formulation of techniques for quality data collection, devises and implements efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis, establishes data sharing rules, and supports others in the daily use of data systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health informatics, social sciences, or statistics.
- Strong abilities in data dissemination, data interpretation and presentational skills.
- Working for 3+ years of experience in the design, implementation and management of health monitoring and evaluation HIV/AIDS epidemiological experience preferred.
- Experience with primary collection of clinical data, design of forms, data collection instruments and data analysis.
- Demonstrated familiarity with MOHCDGEC/PEPFAR data systems including DHIS (HMIS Tanzania), CTC2 Database, INFOLINK and DATIM.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Access and Excel and one or more of the following statistical analysis packages (SAS, SPSS, and STATA).
- Excellent communications skills in English and Swahili.
- Leadership skills, team building and good interpersonal.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates for above position should send the application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) in the heading of the email.
The PHSRF provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals and if you are interested in your encouraged to apply to [email protected]. Application Deadline 16th February 2024.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.