Data Manager at NIMR
- Company: NIMR
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR), Tanzania, is a government public health research institute under the Ministry of Health mandated to coordinate, promote and monitor health research in the Country. NIMR is part of a consortium known as Tackling Obstacles for Fighting Filarial infections and Podoconiosis (TAKeOFF). The consortium focuses on addressing barriers to Filarial (Lymphatic Filariasis and Onchocerciasis) infections and Podoconiosis elimination. NIMR through funding from German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is implementing five research Tasks that address challenges that delays the elimination efforts of Lymphatic Filariasis and Onchocerciasis in Tanzania. In order to implement the proposed implementation research, the Institute is looking for well-trained, competent and selfmotivated candidates to fill the following vacant positions within the Project:
DATA MANAGER – One (1) position
Job Location: NIMR headquarters, Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Project Principal Investigator
The Data Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance and conformity of standards and procedures in data management processes, provide technical oversight, support and maintain the data systems of the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Manager will support and maintain the data systems of the project.
- He/she will support the project team through developing data management and data cleaning plans, reviewing and analyzing data discrepancies, managing and resolving data quality issues together with the field-based staff, and writing
- routine reports to the Project team.
- Ensure data collected are of quality and properly stored.
- To coordinate the development of study reporting protocols, data collection plans
- and platforms, and development and implementation of the M&E framework.
- To coordinate the overall production of reports.
- Ensure the integrity, confidentiality and security of all dataset.
- Implement policies and guidelines for data management. Generate data reports for the study team and management.
- To perform any other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Holder of a Degree in Computer Science/ /Health Informatics /Statistics is required. Having Masters Degree in health-related fields will be added advantage with a minimum of one (1) year working experience.
- Being familiar with RedCap system. iii. Ability to multi-task and effectively set own priorities.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have solid basic MS Tool experience – Word, Excel, with MS Project, PowerPoint preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Delivery Teams, internal and external Data Management and Clients.
- Having ever worked with any research project under any NIMR centres or Neglected Tropical Diseases Control programme, will be an added advantage.
Duration of Contract: One year, renewable subject to availability of funds.
Remuneration: Salary will be offered as per Project budget.
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be enclosed with certified copies of relevant certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and names of at least two reliable referees. Applicants are also reminded to indicate reliable day time contact information. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
In case you do not hear from us in two weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.
Applications should be addressed to:
Director General National Institute for Medical Research 3 Barack Obama Drive P.O. Box 9653
11101 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania The deadline for submitting the application is 16 August 2023.