Data Manager at Ministry of Health (National Tuberculosis And Leprosy Program)
- Company: Ministry of Health (National Tuberculosis And Leprosy Program)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) through Global Fund Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under contractual agreement to fill the following vacant positions:
NATIONAL TUBERCULOSIS AND LEPROSY PROGRAM
Job Title: Data Manager – 1 Position
Reporting to: Program Manager – NTLP
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop TB and Leprosy surveillance tools
- Oversee and provide guidance on TB and Leprosy data management including laboratory data management
- Supervise timely collection of all TB related data from various sources and to verify its accuracy.
- Analyze all TB data in accordance with the program monitoring indicators and provide timely feedback.
- Develop summary of quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on TB data per schedule. vi. Collaborate with stakeholders in training of health workers in data management.
vii. Any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor of science in statistics from accredited university
- More than 5 years of experience working on TB and Leprosy or program settings focused on analysis and use of routinely available data in Tanzania.
- Proven knowledge and experience of Tanzania health management information system (HMIS)
- Knowledge and skills to use DHIS2 system
- Experience in processing health research/assessment and data
- Proficient in using analytical tools such as STATA, SPSS, and
Microsoft Excel vii. Experience working with international or national partners including international or regional organizations and national institutions
viii. Experience in data management ix. Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Age limit: 50 years.
Terms of Employment: 3 years Contract (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds).
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station and copies of academic certificates, practice license for the specific professional cadre if any.
The subject line of your job application letter should indicate the position that you are applying for: your CV must include the information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees. All correspondence MUST reach the Ministry before 15:30hrs December 26th 2020 and channeled through the following address:
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children,
P.O Box 743,
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
- For more information kindly visit moh.go.tz