Data Manager and Analyst at l-TECH
- Company: l-TECH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
l-TECH is a center in the University of Washington’s Department of Global Health. I-TECH has projects in more than 20 countries, and its worldwide staff work in partnership with local ministries of health, universities, non-governmental organizations, medical facilities, and other partners. I-TECH supports development of skilled work forces and overall health systems strengthening with a focus on sustainability and transition to local ownership. I-TECH is committed to being anti-racist and promotes health and equity in health for all people worldwide.
The organization wishes to invite competent, highly qualified, experienced and dedicated professionals to fill the positions below. All positions are based in Dar es Salaam with a starting date of October, 2023
The Data Manager and Analyst (1)
The Data Manager and Analyst is responsible for conducting programmatic data analysis on a routine basis to identify gaps, strengths, and trends from implementation of Data Quality Assurance and evaluation of the Afya Hatua program. S/he provides technical assistance to I-TECH program staff, R/CHMTs and Healthcare Workers (HCWs) to analyze program data and use data for real-time decision making. The Data Analyst develops visual tools, reports, and graphics to summarize analyses into format that is easily understandable to the program team and other stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Technical Assistance, Collaboration, and Support 40%
- Implement project activities in collaboration with Ministry of Health (MoH) Tanzania Health Promotion Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other Implementing Partners
- Represent I-TECH at M and E, DQR meetings and consultative meetings with key experts in HIV care and treatment clinics in Tanzania.
- In collaboration with technical team, coordinate all program’s data and reports from all supported regions
- Prepare reports and presentations for regular data review with local, regional, national, and global partners as required
Data Management and Analysis 40%
Data Quality Assurance
- Develop data abstraction tools and/or reporting tools to complete Data Quality Assessment (DQA) activities
- Conduct on site and remote DQR according to national guidelines and this SOW
- Work with technical team in monitoring the implementation of corrective and preventive action plans to address identified data quality issues where necessary
- Recommend course corrections or redesign strategies and interventions to ensure consistently high-quality data related to all community- and facility-based services
- Lead/co-lead trainings of new staff, facility teams, etc. on DQR, CQI, and routine data analysis tools as needed
- Participate in monthly and quarterly project planning and evaluation meetings with THPS, CDC staff and local partners, as needed
- Conduct data triangulation, analysis and validate the predefined indicators to ensure consistency, integrity, and accuracy of data as part of indicators performance tracking.
- Actively participate in internal and external DQR meetings, trainings, and workshops for Ql and DQA
Evaluation-related data management and analysis 10%
- Review and update the data collection tools in REDCap according to group decisions from the prior field experience and or suggestions from Evaluation Lead or stakeholders.
- Manage REDCap database, including configurations, creating new forms, updating forms, tracking duplicates/errors, with support from the Evaluation Lead as required
- Perform data quality checks according to SOPs
- Generate weekly reports of progress and preliminary results during data collection
- Ensure all raw and analysis datasets are backed up on the UW cloud server per SOPs
- Ensure data collector compliance with SOPs for filling in data are being observed
- Identify data irregularities and implement solutions to correct them
- Conduct analyses for reports and manuscripts under guidance of Evaluation Lead
- Contribute to writing reports, abstracts, and manuscripts for I-TECH, THPS, CDC, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests from funders and stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of annual project work plan following consultations with other I-TECH colleagues, MOH, CDC, and other stakeholders/donors
Other duties as assigned 5%
- Perform other professional duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or higher in data management, monitoring & evaluation, statistics, health informatics or related field: preference given to those who have experience with large-scale health projects with community- and facility-level
- Minimum 6 years’ work experience in monitoring and evaluation of large-scale health or development projects, including: Experience with health services and integration of data from diverse sources preferred.
- Excellent quantitative, problem-solving, analytical skills
- Experience conducting analyses in Stata and/or Excel
- Strong knowledge in PEPFAR reporting system (DATIM) and MER indicators.
- Strong knowledge in Tanzania HIV data management systems especially CTC-2, CTC-3 and DHIS-2.
- Ability to translate data into visual outputs (graphs, charts, diagrams, tables, etc.)
- Demonstrated clear and concise writing and communications skills. Experience with report and publication layouts, newsletters, report writing, editing, or article publication desired
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Ability to travel
- Experience in PEPFAR or other US government-funded programs is an added advantage
Method of ApplicationI-TECH is an equal opportunity employer. Interested applicants should send their applications to [email protected] by October 06, 2023 at 4.00pm.
In your application only include cover letter and CV indicating the position you are applying on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us two weeks after the specified deadline, please consider yourself unsuccessful.