Data Governance Lead at NBC Bank
- Company: NBC Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services
As a Data Governance Lead, this role will play a pivotal role in ensuring that NBC organization’s data assets are effectively managed, governed, and leveraged to drive informed decision-making, regulatory compliance, and overall data quality. Role will be responsible for developing and implementing data governance strategies, policies, and standards while collaborating with cross-functional teams to establish a culture of data stewardship and accountability.
- Data Management across multiple systems and business units (i.e., removing duplicates, standardizing data, and incorporating rules to eliminate incorrect data from entering the system).
- Collaborate with IT and data owners to create, validate, and maintain data quality.
- Create and maintain documentation for data standards (master data, reference data, data quality, and integration rules).
- Work closely with business units and stakeholders in identifying data-related opportunities.
- Develop data quality reports to monitor the health of the enterprises’ data.
- Identify and lead data quality improvement initiatives.
- Independently develop queries to extract, manipulate and/or calculate information to fulfil data reporting requirements.
- Create and produce reports utilizing our data warehouse and summarize your findings through automated visualizations on organizations data health.
- Synthesize complex data/analyses into clear reports and visualizations that tell the story in a meaningful way as well as make insightful recommendations on data quality improvements.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of the banks data.
- In collaboration with data working work group, define and execute overall data management strategy including data: governance, security, collection, transformation, modelling, quality, and knowledge management processes.
- Develop and maintain consultative and collaborative relationships with key data owners.
- Review existing data and operational systems in relation to future needs and benefits, and recommend improvements to meet Banks informational and decision support needs, develop/implement improvement roadmaps and train users
- Provide support for prioritization, project oversight and mentorship on large-scale data-related or data-intensive initiatives and measure and monitor benefits realization of those initiatives.
- Coordinate with IT and operational counterparts to lead data driven projects involving timelines, vendor relationships, and budgets to ensure projects are delivered with the highest quality and within specified timeframes.
- Develop and design presentations, reports, and other deliverables and summarize findings to key data stakeholders and executive leadership, communicating with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Develop baseline technology standards, tools platforms and processes in support of the overall data strategy.
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Computer and Information Science, Business Analysis, Commercial mindset – Senior, Digital affinity, Experience in a similar environment at management level, Interpersonal effectiveness, Leading people – Leadership level, Leading with influence, Management Experience, Management information systems, Reasoning, Risk Management
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th November, 2023.