Data Entry Officer at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Company: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Develop data collection methods and tools to support programs in needs assessment, baseline assessment, output and outcome monitoring and evaluation of the on-going projects.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports
- Ensure proper filing of project documents and reports
- Conduct routine monitoring and follow-up of project activities
- Other activities agreed and discussed with supervisor
- Responsible for managing, recording, sharing, following up and consolidating WASH committee feedback about NRC’s WASH interventions
- Perform GIS database development, qualitative/quantitative analysis, and mapping
- Work closely with the program teams, M&E.
- Responsible for data collection, entry, analyze and management, also Making sure data collected are accuracy
- Cross check data collected in the field, ensure regular updates, and solve eventual discrepancies
- Manage, update, and deploy monthly questionnaire
- Maintain, update, and expand data base system from automated data analysis and map production for factsheets
- Identify map information needs.
- Identify and access map information sources.
- Ensure accurate linkages between spatial databases and assessment data.
- Production of GIS outputs including maps and factsheets.
- Ensures that the produced maps meet the requirements of NRC -WASH and concerned partners.
- Monitor accuracy of data collected; Cross check data collected in the field, ensure regular updates, and solve eventual discrepancies; Manage, update, and deploy monthly questionnaire
Position: Data Officer -WASH (1)
Reports to: WASH PC
Duty station: Kibondo-Nduta
Duration: 4 Months Could be extended based on funding availability
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS or a related discipline
- 3 years of experience in GIS / Database management, preferably in humanitarian context Considerable experience in analyzing complex data and knowledge of other statistical programming languages and packages a plus;
- Previous experience with mobile data collection (ODK, ONA, KOBO, survey CTO).
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, mainly communities effectively.
- Ability to receive and handle confidential and sensitive information (highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential)
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Able to perform field data collection activities requiring long durations of walking
About the Team
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th September , 2022.