Data Collector x17 at University of California San Francisco (UCSF)
- Company: University of California San Francisco (UCSF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
JOB OPPORTUNITY – DATA COLLECTOR
The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) is engaged in a five-year Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-Tanzania (CDC-Tanzania)to provide strategic information, with a focus on improving data quality, Surveillance, and health information systems(HIS)technical assistance to the Ministry of Health (MOH)for Both Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar as well as the United States’ President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and their implementing partners (IPs).
UCSF will conduct an evaluation aiming at assessing the ANC and PMTCT cascades in a sample of clinical sites across in Dar es Salaam, Dodoma, Mbeya, and Mwanza, to better understand the uptake of HIV-related services among pregnant, delivering, and postpartum women, factors contributing to attrition along the cascade, and HIV outcomes among HIV-exposed infants. This assessment also aims to provide insight into how data quality challenges affect how we understand PMTCT and EID program performance, it also aims to improve future HIV modeling and estimation activities by generating empirical data around PTMCT service uptake during pre- and post-natal periods.
To achieve the intended objectives, UCSF seeks to employ data collectors, to support assessment activities in Dar es Salaam, Dodoma, Mbeya, and Mwanza.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work under the guidance of the Survey Coordinator and will be responsible for data collection. This will include data abstraction from paper and electronic tools at selected facilities; obtaining informed consent from individuals interested in participating in the assessment and enrolling them; and conducting qualitative and quantitative interviews.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Attend the assessment training
- Have a thorough understanding of the assessment protocol and operations manual
- Intercept potential assessment participants according to assessment SOPs
- Obtain informed consent of individuals to be interviewed
- Interview individuals to obtain relevant information using both qualitative and quantitative interview methods
- Collect data using tablets and excel templates
- Maintain privacy and total confidentiality regarding all information related to the assessment
- Assist in collecting feedback/ suggestions of participants, if necessary
- Other duties as assigned by the assessment coordinator
Experience, skills, and minimum required qualifications:
- Minimum age 25 years
- Holder of bachelor’s degree in social science, health related subject or equivalent
- At least two years of experience in data collection, including qualitative and quantitative interviewing, is required
- Ability to use a computer and Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working or interacting with stigmatized populations and discussing sensitive issues such as sexuality and HIV / AIDS is advantageous
- Great organizational capacity
- Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Available and ready to work in Dar es Salaam, Dodoma, Mbeya, and Mwanza for the duration of the survey (November 2022 through January 2023)
Other desired skills/qualities:
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Ability to prioritize, work under deadlines, work independently with minimal supervision, and multi-task.
- Ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel in-country to support project activities
Method of ApplicationAll applicants must address each selection criterion detailed in the minimum requirements above with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
All applications must include the following:
A current CV with names and telephone numbers for at least 2 referees, 1 of whom must be from your current or most recent employer
Copies of academic and professional certificates
Applications and supporting documents should be sent via e-mail to [email protected] and must be received by October 12,2022.
Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 12 October 2022.