Data Clerk (2 position) at Partners for Health Services and Research Foundation (PHSRF)
- Company: Partners for Health Services and Research Foundation (PHSRF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
PHSRF is a non-governmental organization that was founded on demand-driven reasons for saving lives of Tanzanians. Formed out of former Angaza Zaidi program, a countrywide HIV and AIDS prevention and sensitization program under USAID that was implemented since 2001, PHSRF has accumulated over 15 years of hands-on experience in implementing HIV and AIDS prevention, sensitization and awareness raising projects across the country. PHSRF is legally registered by the United Republic of Tanzania under the Non-Governmental Organization Act, 2002 with Registration Number ooNGO/R2/000103
Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a global project funded by the United. State (US). President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) which is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. It is led by FHI 360 as prime and has a five-year period of performance from April 15, 2019 to April 14, 2024. EpiC provides strategic Technical Assistance (TA) and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and improve HIV case-finding, prevention and linkage to treatment among key and Priority Populations (PP). EpiC Tanzania will build the capacity of local, community-based organizations and work closely with the Government of Tanzania (GoT) at national and sub-national levels to deliver HIV and other services tailored to the needs of these groups. Under EpiC, Partners for Health Services and Research Foundation (PHSRF) will support activities for HIV prevention, care and treatment and other related services among KVP and PP in Kinondoni district, Dar-es Salaam region of Tanzania.
The objective for EpiC are:-
- Attain and maintain HIV epidemic control among at-risk adult men, women and
- Attain and maintain HIV epidemic control among KVPs (FSW and MSM)
- Improve program management (including HIS and HRH) and financial systems to ensure attainment and maintenance of epidemic control.
For the financial year 2020-2021, PHSRF is seeking energetic and professional candidates to fill for the vacant positions as below.
D Job Position: Data Clerk (2 position)
Reports to: M&E officer
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration; 12 months renewable based on performance and availability of funds
Conduct electronic data entry and cleaning of the paper forms from field activities. Follow-up with SBCC registers, Biomedical registries services, referral and linkage tracing and verification; Participate in data cleaning and analysis activities, and participate in supportive supervision to outreach workers on M&E issues. S/he will work closely with the other members of the program and M&E teams.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Conduct timely and complete data entry from paper based sources to electronic sources
- Compare data entered with source documents to verify accuracy of data and detect and correct errors
- Track referral forms and conduct verification with registers and databases at community and facilities
- Participate in generation of queries and data cleaning activities
- Inform supervisor of any problems or errors observed in the database and detect any hardware and software malfunctions and notify supervisor
- Assist in training new Peer educators and other workers on data collection tools, including referrals, reporting and database
- Assist in development of monthly, quarterly, and other reports on all indicators for submission and review by supervisors
- Assist in development of data analysis presentations and progress tracking at regional level
- Maintain security of data tools at all times, including protecting the confidentiality of records and data
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Required Education: Degree, Advanced Diploma or Certificate in data management, computer science, monitoring & evaluation, statistics, or related field;
- Required Experience: Minimum 1 year experience with electronic data entry and cleaning
- Preferred experience with HIV/AIDS programs
- Preferred familiarity with MOHCDGEC/PEPFAR data systems including DHIS2 and DATIM
- Excellent computer skills, at minimum with Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding clients’ health status and sensitive information contained in data sources.
- Flexibility to work after normal working hours and weekends at informal.
- Ability to interact well with all targeted groups and peer outreach workers by facilitating a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory, and non-stigmatizing environment in the program, to welcome all key and vulnerable population beneficiaries regardless of their background
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen; preference given to candidates already living in the job location region.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send their cover letter and CV only via email: DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES
Closing Dates: On 22nd September 2020 at 17:00hrs