Data Clearks (3) at Tahea
- Company: Tahea
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Home Economics Association (TAHEA) is a national professional organization of nutritionist, home economics, agriculturists and other related social science professions.
TAHEA envisions ‘A democratic society with better livingConditions’; with the Mission to improve the socio-economic conditions of the society through advocacy and capacity building on agriculture, food and nutrition, health and environment in collaboration with other stakeholders.
TAHEA implements the ‘Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project in Dodoma and Iringa region. EpiC is a 5 years’ global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations. TAHEA is implementing partners that is implementing the project in Dodoma region and Iringa Regions.
TAHEA is seeking for qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies in Dodoma (Dodoma city, Kondoa & Chemba) and Iringa(Mufindi):-
DATA CLEARKS (3 Positions)
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation officer (M&E) to conduct entry of project data for HIV Testing services, Family planning, Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), Tuber Tuberculosis (TB) and Sexual Transmission Diseases (STD) into designated
- Perform routine data review and collection data for all project indicators from catchment health facilities.
- Support the assessment of quality of primary source data through checking the completeness, precision, validity and timeliness of data
- Work closely with peer educators (PEs), peer navigators (PNs) and community health workers (CHWs) at community level to support collection and reporting of
- Assist the M&E officer in keeping records of all the data reports collected from field
- Support M&E officer to conduct periodic verification and routine data quality (RDQA) assessment at facilities and council level to ensure data quality at all times
- Offer on-job training i.e. (data management, M&E tool recording and uses) to staff and community workers i.e. PE, PN and
- Ensure all data (primary and secondary) are securely collected, organized and kept in accordance/ compliance with national data management and confidentiality
- Ensuring data quality through review of completed reporting tools submitted to custody offices by field officers and other project
- Ensure that files and other documents are stored safely and well arranged in an organized manner.
- Performs other related tasks as required by the
Education and Experience:
- At least a Diploma in Information Technology, sociology, community development or equivalent. Additional training in Monitoring and Evaluation, community mobilization, counseling is of added
- At least 1 year demonstrated experience working in monitoring and evaluation activities related to health/ HIV prevention, Care and Treatment
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national KVP, youth and gender guidelines, standards and
- Experience in programs serving KVP and addressing gender norms. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and other vulnerable
- Experience in working with LGA, NGOs, CBOs and health facilities to implement public health projects , especially those working with vulnerable
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Well-developed computer
- Fluent in speaking and writing English and
- Ability to build relationship with Key Vulnerable Populations (KVP) groups at community levels.
- Able to work with Health Care Providers staff at different health facilities
- Computer literacy is highly
- Able to timely collect, compilation and data analysis as required by the
- Ability to work with minimal
Method of Application
Application are to be lodged through email: [email protected]
Candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail. All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications.
All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Saturday, 10th October, 2020
Important Note: Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment or fees should be treated with extreme caution, viewed as potentially fraudulent and reported immediately.