Data Analyst at Zanzibar Presidential Delivery Bureau (PDB)
- Company: Zanzibar Presidential Delivery Bureau (PDB)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
The Zanzibar Presidential Delivery Bureau (PDB) is an institution under the President’s Office – State House established in December 2022 to accelerate the implementation of the Presidential Priority Projects. The Priority Projects fall under the Blue Economy, Infrastructure, Tourism and Social Services portfolios, supported by technology. The Bureau provides technical assistance to Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to drive the implementation of the priority projects that will contribute to transformative, sustainable, and tangible outcomes and impact. The PDB contributes to unlocking implementation bottlenecks through enhanced coordination, resource mobilization, monitoring and evaluation, and capacity building. The Presidential Delivery Bureau (PDB) is looking for suitably qualified Tanzanian citizens of high personal integrity to fill the below-mentioned job positions.
Data Analyst-1 Post
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide inputs in the development of the PDB delivery dashboard.
- Analysing and updating master data related to the priority projects.
- Provide quality assurance of all data related to the priority projects and coordinate with other parties as needed.
- Support drafting of PDB reports and develop content for communication e.g., website.
- Support the design of reporting templates, data sources and security.
- Support the identification and revision of reporting requirements.
- Generate reports from the PDB Delivery Dashboard or other relevant systems.
- Troubleshoot the database environment and reports.
- Provide technical support in data storage and data cleaning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Business Administration, Information Sciences or related fields
- Five (5) years of work experience as a data analyst. At least three (3) progressive years
should be in managing big data/databases.
- Ability to undertake, document and communicate high-level analysis/reports.
- Data management capacity and experience with analytical tools
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
Method of ApplicationAll application letters should be made electronically through the email address of the Bureau and be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Presidential Delivery Bureau Zanzibar.
Email: [email protected] Conditions for applications:
- The deadline for application is 13th August 2023. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- All applications be submitted online at [email protected]
- All Applicants should be citizens of Tanzania and shall attach certified copies of their Birth Certificate and National Identity (NIDA) or Zanzibar Identity (ZANID).
- The application should comprise the following documents:
- Applicants must attach a cover letter duly signed by the applicant with scanned copies of relevant academic certificates, current curriculum vitae, and letters of recommendation from two (2) outstanding referees and reliable contacts.
- Certificates from Foreign Examination Bodies for Ordinary or Advanced Level Education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants under public service employment MUST attach with their applications an approval letter from their respective accounting officer allowing their release in case they get selected fora position.
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.