Data Analyst at Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC)
- Company: Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
The Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body jointly established by the Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) and the Christian Council of Tanzania (CCT) in 1992 to facilitate social services, with the main focus on education and health services provided by member Churches. It is the largest ecumenical organization in Tanzania, working under more than 87 dioceses and provinces which own and manage about 42% of hospital health services, 56% of health facilities in rural areas, and more than 10% of education services in Tanzania.
CSSC has been awarded a 5-years Grant by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement the project knows as Comprehensive Child Centered Care and Services (C4S). The overall goal of the project is to ensure health facilities in priority areas provide high quality integrated pediatric HIV services and that children and adolescents are able to access comprehensive health and other services. Specifically, this project will provide technical assistance to end mother-to-child- transmission of HIV (eMTCT) by supporting pregnant and breastfeeding women (PBFW) and their HIV-exposed infants (HEI), close the HIV treatment gap for children and adolescents living with HIV (C/ALHIV) and drive TB elimination and well-being for C/ALHIV in Tanzania.
The project will ensure the continued delivery of HIV services for PBFW, HEI, and C/ALHIV at two pediatric centers of excellence (COE) and support these COEs to serve as hubs for service delivery and clinical capacity building. This project will advance support to the National AIDS Control Programme (NACP) and the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Programme (NTLP) to end HIV and TB among children and adolescents aged 0-19 years old and inform policy decisions and discussions at the national level with the Ministry of Health, and other key stakeholders and will coordinate implementation
Data Analyst (1) Post
|Job title:||Data Analyst|
|Direct Supervisor:||Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director|
|Location:||Dar es Salaam|
The Data Analyst will be responsible for planning and executing the analysis of various quantitative data sets related to HIV &AIDS services and TB.
- Plan appropriate analyses to answer programmatic and stakeholder questions.
- Use statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in datasets that could be helpful for provision of technical assistance to clinical IPs.
- Prepare analysis reports for clinical IPs to understand the gaps and ensure informed decision making and address the identified gaps.
- Support triangulation of HIV program data across various sources, including CTC3, monthly portal, and DHIS2.
- Conducting continuous quality improvement monitoring and assessments of existing data management and analysis systems to maintain high quality, accessible electronic data at two COEs
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures for data collection, collation, verification and use for all custom indicators.
- Lead the development of data visualization dashboards to inform program monitoring and improvement at all levels.
- Develop mapping tools, manuals, standard operating procedures, and training materials to build informatics competencies in regional project teams and health facility partners.
- Lead the development of electronic data collection systems to capture real-time data from the two COEs.
- Carry out any other assignments as may be required by the immediate supervisor.
- Undergraduate degree in statistics, mathematics, epidemiology, or a related field is required.
- A Master’s degree in Biostatistics, Public Health, or Epidemiology is a strong advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong mathematical skills to collect, measure, organize, and analyze quantitative data is required.
- Demonstrable skills in data visualization tools such as PowerBI or Google Analytics.
- Minimum of five years of progressive professional experience in public health working in analytics-focused positions is required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Knowledge of both PEPFAR and MOH reporting tools and systems (including DATIM, CTC2, DHIS2, Monthly Portal and DIS), and HIV and AIDS indicators is required.
- Demonstrable experience working with a variety of organizations and stakeholders, including experience collaborating with MOH, is an advantage.
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving, and systems thinking skills with the capacity to see the big picture and the ability to make sound judgment.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing and PowerPoint.
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
The deadline for submitting the application is 26 May 2023.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th May, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE