Data Analyst and GIS Specialist at FAO
- Company: FAO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Job Posting: 19/Jan/2024
Closure Date: 03/Feb/2024, 1:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FRURT – FAO Representation in Tanzania
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar Es Salaam
Duration: 7 months (possibility of extension depending on funding and performance)
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) works closely with the Government of Tanzania to provide policy advice, credible, up-to-date information, and technical expertise on food security and natural resource management through the Country Programming Framework (CPF) 2022-2027. The FAO Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Diseases (ECTAD), in collaboration with the Government, aims to strengthen the country’s veterinary services capacities for prevention, detection and rapid response to emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases, Endemic priority zoonotic diseases, Trans-boundary animal diseases and Antimicrobial Resistance. The position will support, mainly the ECTAD programme.
Within the framework of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Diseases (ECTAD), under the overall supervision of the Chief Veterinary Officer (CVO)/Chief, Animal Health Service (AGAH)/, the functional and administrative supervision of the FAO Representative in Tanzania, and the direct supervision of the ECTAD Country Team Leader in Tanzania the incumbent will:
The incumbent will provide technical support on data collection, collation, storage, analysis, mapping, interpretation and reporting of animal health events.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Support/ coordinate implementation of surveillance activities, especially in the Mara and Kigoma Regions.
• Support implementation and data analysis of other thematic areas especially AMR, Zoonoses, Surveillance, Human Resource activities in collaboration with the project theme leads.
• In consultation with M&E officer, map ECTAD Tanzania’s national presence (activities, interventions, successes, etc.)
• In consultation with project theme leads, identify, coordinate and lead in generation and analysis of economic data to inform policy interventions.
• Support project thematic leads to design and implement various surveys / case studies and develop publishable reports/ manuscripts.
• Submit a final technical report upon completion of the assignment to the ECTAD Team Leader and the FAOR
• Perform other duties, as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced University degree in areas of Agriculture, Agriculture Economics, socioeconomics, statistics, business administration, Animal Health, Epidemiology or related field.
• At least 5 years of work experience in livestock development, including data collection and analysis.
• Work experience in livestock system analysis and policies.
• Excellent command of English and Swahili.
• National of the United Republic of Tanzania.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Skills and experience in utilization of software (s) for data analysis.
• Skills and experience in utilization of software (s) for generation of maps drawn to scale.
FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th January, 2024.