Dames Technical Lead at University of California San Francisco (UCSF)
- Company: University of California San Francisco (UCSF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Location : Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline : May 31, 2021
Start Date : June 14, 2021
Background: The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) is engaged in a five-year Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-Tanzania (CDC-Tanzania) to provide strategic information technical assistance to the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children as well as the United States’ President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and their implementing partners (IPs). We are recruiting an individual through our affiliated international NGO ‘Global Programs’ to serve as DAMES Technical Lead for our support to the DREAMS project. The assignment is based in Dar es Salaam, and the incumbent would begin working immediately after the hiring process is complete, with an estimated start date of June 14,2021. This position will initially be until September 30, 2021 with the expectation of a one-year extension through September 30, 2022. The position will subsequently have the potential for annual renewal, subject to employee performance and funding availability.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Country Representative for Tanzania, the DAMES Technical Lead will collaborate with the Global Programs in-country team and a team of software developers to:
- Coordinate the aggregation and visualization of DAMES data across PEPFAR IPs.
- Ensure the DAMES mobile application is fully functional and meets end-user needs.
- Track requests from PEPFAR IPs regarding the collection and analysis of DREAMS data via the DAMES system and ensure requests are met.
- Track data issues or challenges related to the DAMES system and ensure they are remediated in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate on the visualization of DAMES data.
- A Bachelor’s degree in public health, community development, or related fields is required. A Master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of three years of professional project management experience in public health.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the DREAMS project and familiarity with routinely collected DREAMS data.
- Demonstrated understanding of databases and skills to align and aggregate datasets.
- Experience working with mobile applications for data collection.
- Experience collaborating with a variety of stakeholders to successfully complete a project.
- Minimum of intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
Other desired skills/qualities:
- Ability to prioritize, work under deadlines, work with minimal supervision and multitask.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to travel to support utilization of the DAMES mobile application, pending uplifting of COVID-19 travel restrictions.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing and powerpoint.
Method of ApplicationAll applicants must address each selection criterion detailed in the minimum requirements above with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. All applications must include the following:
A current CV with names and telephone numbers for at least 2 referees
Copies of academic and professional certificates
Applications and supporting documents should be sent via e-mail to
[email protected] and must be received by May 31, 2021. NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.