28 Jul 2022
Dairy Specialists at Land O lakes Venture37
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Land O lakes Venture37
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
DNA-BILD expands upon early successes of a pilot program and is intentionally designed to complement and leverage DNA’s participation in the newly launched Tanzania Inclusive Processor-Producer Partnerships in Dairy (TI3P) project, by extending DNA’s impact to reach small and resource-constrained individuals and businesses across the dairy value chain that would otherwise not be engaged by TI3P, particularly women and youth, to enable inclusive, climate-smart economic development in the dairy sector.
We are seeking two Dairy Specialists–one will provide support for Arusha and the other to Kilimanjaro.
Each Dairy Specialist (DS) is responsible for planning and implementing Land O’Lakes Venture37 DNA-BILD field operations in Arusha and Kilimanjaro regions and ensuring timely roll out of activities as per defined individual, annual, and life of project workplans. The DS will facilitate field capacity building to Farmer Allied Enterprises (FAE), smallholder dairy farmers, and other dairy stakeholders, and they will play an important role in linking FAEs with the project and other implementing partners, including international and local business development services. The Dairy Specialist will also facilitate and supervise activities to increase climate-smart agricultural practices, nutritional awareness of dairy, and increase demand for dairy with a focus on youth and other vulnerable groups.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance for better provision of farmer extension services, access to other dairy inputs for improved smallholder dairy farm management and productivity.
- Support small business owners to finalize business plans and grant applications, review grant applicants, support auditing/compliance process for grant applicants, support rollout of grants, monitor application/use of grants.
- Support design and facilitate rollout of dairy nutrition awareness and demand generation activities to increase consumption of safe quality dairy products.
- Maintain close coordination and linkages with Government, LGA, such as the District Livestock and Fisheries Development Officers and other dairy development partners.
- Organize and participate in DNA-BILD quarterly stakeholders meeting at Regional level.
- Carry out any other official work assigned by the supervisor.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Technical or collegiate education in Animal Science/Production, Agribusiness, Agricultural or Rural Development, or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated, relevant field experience in implementation of dairy development projects.
- Technical knowledge in implementing dairy development projects and activities across the dairy value chain e.g., production, inputs & services, processing, transport, cold chain, retail, financing etc.
- Demonstrated experience adapting project implementation and activities to achieve objectives and targets in a timely manner as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across diverse partnerships, be flexible, and creative
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Able to work with limited supervision and deliver on time.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and written and oral presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Kiswahili.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree (BSc) in Animal Science/Production, Agriculture, Agribusiness, or Community and Rural Development, or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated relevant field experience in implementation of dairy development projects.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22nd August, 2022.