CVAC Intern x2 at International Organization for Migration
- Company: International Organization for Migration
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Position title CVAC Intern-2 Positions
Position grade Ungraded – UG
Duty station Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job family Operations
Organization Unit 10004650
Position number N/A
Position rated N/A
Reporting directly to VAC Team Leader
Overall supervision by Chief of Mission
II. O RGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and reporting directly to the VAC Team Leader, the Incumbent will provide administrative support for the Canadian Visa Application Centre operated by IOM; particularly s/he will:
III. R ESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Assist in the provision of client information: information sheets and checklists regarding visa requirements; assist with telephone, inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications), providing timely and accurate information to clients; marketing and providing assistance to clients with Value Added Services including but not limited to Self-Service and Assisted Data Entry services. Informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures.
2. Assist in verifying the bank statements for the confirmation of payment when the mail in applications are received.
3. Maintain a professional appearance and migrant friendly demeanour at all times;
4. Immediately inform VAC Team Leader of any problems or issues related to daily work and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client service.
5. Comply with the IOM Policy for a Respectful Working Environment”, “IOM Confidentiality Agreement”, “IOM Data Protection Manual”, IOM Standards of Conduct”, and the “IOM Policy on Reporting Irregular Practices, Wrongdoing and Misconduct”.
6. Conduct any other duties as may be assigned by the IVSS/IBM Unit at HQ, the CoM/HoO and the VAC Team Leader.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Performance Management – provides constructive feedback to colleagues.
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
The UN system in Tanzania provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, diversity, integrity, a healthy balance of work and life and equal opportunities for all, including persons with disability.
Female candidates and qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for UN vacancies and are protected from discrimination during all stages of employment.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information.
related to bank accounts.