CVAC Client Service Assistant at International Organization for Migration
- Company: International Organization for Migration
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Position title CVAC Client Service Assistant (Canada Visa Application Centre)-1 Position
Position grade G4
Duty station Dar es Salaam
Durations Six (6) Months Special Short-Term with possibility of extension
Position number N/A
Job family Core Migration/Administrative
Organizational unit Operations
Reporting Directly to VAC Team Leader
2nd Manager Operations Manager
Overall Supervised by
Chief of Mission (COM) & Immigration & Border
Management (IBM) Davison’s Immigration & Visas
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
IOM will be providing administrative visa-related services through the Canada
Visa Application Centre (CVAC), aimed at making the visa application process timelier and more convenient.
Under the overall supervision of the CVAC Project Coordinator and direct supervision of the CVAC Regional Coordinator programmatically and directly to the Chief of Mission administratively, the incumbent will provide administrative support for the CVAC operated by IOM.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Provide client services to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) contractual obligations and service standards.
2. Assist in providing information to the applicants: distribution of forms and checklists; provision of accurate and timely replies to applicants’ enquiries through phone, email, chat and in person; assistance and guidance with value added services.
3. Assist in collecting visa applications and sorting the documents: verification of completeness and correctness of visa application forms; completeness check of the supporting documents; sorting of the documents with relevant checklist; assistance to applicants if the documents are incomplete.
4. Input visa application data: maintain an expert user level with the provided application management software, ensure quality check of collected data and generated invoices; accuracy of the tracking of passports and documents; scanning and quality check of supporting documents.
5. Collect visa and service fees; review correctness of payment and charge against the application management software; issuance of invoices; daily reconciliation of collected fees and invoices; secure storage of cash.
6. Assist in reporting services: daily reports generation and quality check of collected applications and fees; daily reports for contact Centre (received calls, call-backs, missed calls etc.) assistance to VAC Team Assistant in quality check.
7. Delivery and collection of applications and passports: secure transfer of the visa applications and passports to/from the IRCC specified visa offices; sorting and counting of applications and passports; secure return of passports to applicants and delivery to courier.
8. Inform management of any problems or issues related to daily work, security issues, systems and software issues, complaints and make recommendations for improvement.
9. Compliance with IOM Staff Rules and Regulations and with all IOM Policies including: “IOM Standards of Conduct”, “IOM Policy for a Respectful Working Environment”, “IOM Policy on Reporting Irregular Practices, Wrongdoing and Misconduct”, “IOM Confidentiality Agreement”, “IOM Data Protection Principles”, “IOM Information Security Policy”.
10. Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the Team Assistant or VAC Management.
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree or equivalent in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar setting or:
• Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in managing a team.
• Experience in migrant-related programmes OR visa related services.
• Experience in customer service; and,
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities and national and international institutions.
(specify the required knowledge) Desirable
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili languages are required • Knowledge of French Language is highly desirable
he incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day- to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service- oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
The Contract contains 16 Service standards that are to be met to varying levels and timelines. Failure to do so may result in the imposition of financial penalties by IRCC. The employee will ensure adherence to these service standards. Failure to do so will be cause for performance improvement procedures to be implemented in line with IOM’s HR policies. Consistent poor performance resulting in non-compliance with the service standards could, in some circumstances, result in removal from the VAC and lead to eventual dismissal.
The UN system in Tanzania provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, diversity, integrity, a healthy balance of work and life and equal opportunities for all, including persons with disability.
Female candidates and qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for UN vacancies and are protected from discrimination during all stages of employment.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: [email protected]
The vacancy is open for both internal and External candidates Tanzanian national only. Only e-mail applications will be considered.