Customer Channels Administrator at VisionFund
- Company: VisionFund
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Tanzania
VISIONFUND TANZANIA MICROFINANCE BANK LTD
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd (VFT MFB) formerly known as SEDA is a fast growing and reputable Micro Finance Bank (MFB), has a loan book of more than TZS 30 billion and more than 40,000 customer base, more that 5,000 of them being small holder farmers. VFT-MFB is seeking to employ a dynamic and committed Tanzanian young men & women who have passion for people’s economic development to fill in the vacant position detailed here below;
Work reference no. 007/2023
Position: Customer Channels Administrator.
Supervisor: Senior System Administrator Officer.
Manager; Head of Information and Communications Technology.
- Ensure 24 hours’ availability and reliability of Customer Channels services.
- Ensure the compliance is part of IT operations.
- Lead in Database Management best practice.
- Work with the Supervisor on executing annual plan into workable monthly breakable smart goals.
- Act an excellent representative by working diligently to improve SLA;
- Work with Supervisor to implement IT Security standards.
- implementation of backup management.
- End-user support via helpdesk; this includes problem solving activities, conflict resolution, escalations, and systems restart and recovery.
- Work with the Supervisor on Identifying training needs for carrier development.
- Ensure the both systems uptimes are 24x7x365 with latest patches and software.
- Installing latest patches and updates.
- Keeping records of releases against dates of release.
- Engage system admins to have consolidated data lab for business intelligent tools.
- Explore the big data world agenda and help the bank where it fits.
- Charged with installation, supporting and maintenance of network servers and devices.
- Report all incidents such as end user experience, server bugs, power failures, network failures. Nothing should be considered small
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- In ICT, IT or Computer Science
- Proficiency in network administration
- Good knowledge of Microfinance or Banking
- Good skills in self planning and execution
- 2 years’ experience in handling network and system administration job
- Proven work experience as a Network and IT Security Administrator or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of network protocols, firewall technologies, intrusion detection and prevention systems, VPNs, and other network security tools.
- Linux, Windows server, database (SQL, Mongo, MYSQL) management knowledge
- Familiar with the bank core business
- Capacity and willing to take responsibility and develop sense of righteousness
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools, penetration testing methodologies, and security assessment techniques.
- Proficiency in network troubleshooting and diagnostic tools.
Special / Personal Abilities
- Excellent character and unquestionable integrity
- Willingness and ability to efficiently work in a team
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented
- Model and demonstrates effective Christian leadership
- Good knowledge on economic and financial topics and sufficient experience in the loan business of VFT-MFB is added advantage
Method of ApplicationInterested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their application letter, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates; detailed CV’s with three referees to; [email protected].
The position should be the subject of the email application.
OR; through the postal address below:
The Chief Executive Officer,
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited,
P.O. Box 1546,
The application should reach the undersigned not later than 10th November 2023.