Customer Care Cum Office Management Assistant (COMA) x5 at EWURACCC
- Company: EWURACCC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Tanzania
EWURA Consumer Consultative Council (EWURACCC) is a Council established under Section 30 of the Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) Act, Cap 414 of the laws of Tanzania. The main function of the Council is to protect the interests of consumers of the EWURA regulated goods and services.
EWURA CCC has Regional Consumer Committees (RCCs) established in 30 regions in Mainland Tanzania, including Dar es Salaam which is designated a special zone with 5 regions of llala, Kinondoni, Temeke, Kigamboni and Ubungo.
EWURA CCC now wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the under mentioned vacant positions at the RCCs’ offices in Coast Region, llala (Dar es Salaam), Iringa, Manyara and Shinyanga.
Post Title: Customer Care cum Office Management Assistant (COMA)
Duty Station: llala (Dares Salaam), Kibaha (Coast Region), Iringa, Babati (Manyara) and Shinyanga.
Reporting to: Advocacy Officer
Contract Type: One-year renewable upon satisfactory performance
Total No. of Posts available: 5
COMA will be responsible for general office management, handling all consumer related issues (e.g. complaints, enquiries) as well as coordinating activities of RCC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Raising awareness on consumer rights and obligations as well as promoting activities of the Council and the regulated industry as a whole;
- guiding and assisting consumers of EWURA regulated goods and services in lodging complaints and channeling the same to appropriate authorities for settlement;
- following up on complaints lodged/chan- neled to see to it that remedial action is promptly taken;
- receiving, responding to or referring any enquiries or complaints from consumers of EWURA regulated goods and services;
- facilitating the proper functioning of RCCs;
- accounting for funds disbursed for the Council’s activities;
- preparing and submitting weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual progress report for activities performed; and
- taking good care of Council’s tangible and intangible assets.
Academic Qualification and Experience
The aspirant for the post must have the following qualifications and experience:
- possession of at least a Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Community Development, Sociology, Mass Communication, Law or Education from a recognized institution;
- possession of at least one year working experience with a demonstrable knowledge in customer care, office management or front office operations;
- computer literacy in particular window operation systems;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Kiswahili and English;
- ability to articulate the vision of the Council to different audiences and;
- working experience in the energy and water sectors will be an added advantage;
In addition to the above skills and qualifications the applicants are required to have the following attributes:
- ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- creative and spontaneous in serving customers;
- smart, outgoing personality but very professional;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including computer literacy and fluency both in English and Kiswahili.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contact address, email and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strengths of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach the following:
- Certified copies of Degree or Advanced Diploma certificates.
- Certified copies of Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Certified Professional Certifications from respective professional bodies
- Certified birth certificates.
- One recent passport size photograph.
- Form IV and form VI results slips are strictly not accepted.
- Applicants should indicate two reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary and advanced level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants are required to disclose relevant information in their applications. Giving false or incomplete information will lead to disqualification at any time during the recruitment process or after appointment.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants must submit a duly signed application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and certified certificates to the following address:
The Executive Secretary,
EWURA Consumer Consultative Council (EWURA CCC),
Utumishi Building – Nearby TAMISEMI Office off Kivukoni Road,
P.O. Box 31959,
DAR ES SALAAM
Telephone: +255 22 2128825
Closing Date and Time: Friday 25th June, 2021 at 1500 hours