CTC Clinician x3 at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title : CTC Clinician (3 positions)
Direct Reports to : Medical Officer in charges of the health facilities
Location : Kambarage Police Dispensary – Shinyanga, Tabora Police Dispensary -Tabora and FFU Mbeya Dispensary – Mbeya in Tanzania
Purpose and Scope of Job;
Provision of high-quality clinical HIV and Tuberculosis services according to the local (Ministry of Home Affairs, MoHCDGEC) and international standards, including reporting as per donor government and requirement.
Duties and responsibilities;
- Attend all clients (PLHIV and Non-PLHIV) enrolled / attending CTC to ensure clinical service are provided according to the national and international HIV treatment guidelines.
- Ensure all clients attending all service points at your facility are offered HIV counselling and testing in accordance to MOHCDGEC and MoHA guidelines.
- Ensure all patients/clients attending all service points at your facility clients are screened for their eligibility for HIV testing and all those eligible are tested.
- Conduct and facilitate index testing to sexual partners of PLHIV newly identified or attending CTC services at your facility (except prisoners).
- Ensure Linkage case management model is well understood and implemented as a routine service to all new identified clients except for prisoners.
- Supervision and coordination of lay counsellors to ensure all positives identified are attached, followed, and enrolled into ART.
- Ensure all clients identified to be HIV positive are linked to care and started on ART on the same day (Same day ART initiation)
- Ensure all clients on treatment are categorized according to their stability to allow application of Differentiated Care Model for stable and unstable clients.
- Ensure pediatric population attending the facility are screened for optimized PITC using children specific screening tool.
- Ensure all positive children are started on optimized ART and those who are on old regimen to change the regimen to TLD.
- Ensure adherence and retention on ART of pediatric clients hence successfully viral suppression
- Coordinate and participate facilitate children Saturday clinics and teen clubs.
- Ensure availability is pediatric job aides, posters and working tools.
- Ensure HIV Viral Load coverage at your clinic is at 95%
- Facilitate monitoring and evaluation (ensure proper documentation of all services provided and reports are developed and submitted as per MOHA, MOHCDGEC, THPS and USAID guidance.
- Ensure HIV Ql Team is available and Ql activities are implemented successfully correctly.
- Implement PMTCT activities in the health facility
TB& TB/HIV services
- To work with expert clients/peers at OPD to ensure that all clients who become eligible for HIV testing due to TB symptoms are also subjected to TB testing
- To attend all clients presumed to have TB and ensure that they are subjected to appropriate TB diagnostic workup
- to ensure all pediatrics diagnosed with any form of malnutrition are f evaluated forTB
- Work with the DOT nurse(s) to ensure all contacts of contacts of confirmed Pulmonary TB patients are reached and subjected to appropriate diagnostic workup
- Ensure TB screening is done to all PLHIV on ART during routine clinical visit.
- Ensure evaluation of patients on anti-TB is done at month 2 and month 5 and outcome of treatment is documented
- Design and update the facility’s TB infection control plan and ensure that it is displayed and being used at all services delivery points
- Ensure appropriate TB documentation is made across all TB registers and reporting tools.
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma /Advanced in clinical Medicine from a recognized institution and must be registered with the relevant professional body in Tanzania.
- At least two years’ working experience in providing HIV/AIDS care and treatment and TB services
- Computer literacy, with comfortable working experience with the basic Microsoft packages (Word, Excel & power point, and Access).
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines.
- Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 3rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: ‘CTC Clinician”. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.