CTC Clinician (3) at HJFMRI
- Company: HJFMRI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Songwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Join us in our efforts to strengthen and institutionalize monitoring and evaluation systems in SHL for efficient and effective HIV and AIDS resource mobilization.
The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non-profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and the President’s Office of the Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams.
HJFMRI-T HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone regions namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, and Songwe. The program also supports TPDF to implement a comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 Military sites throughout the country.
It is in this regard that WRP-T in collaboration with the Songwe Regional Government seeks to recruit 12 data entry clerks, 3 district data managers, 1 Information Technology Officer, 3 Clinicians and 2 ART nurses to undertake data related tasks and care and treatment activities for the HIV Program for the short term contract of (10) Months from December 2020 to September 2021 with contract renewal possibilities based on performance.
Job Title: CTC Clinician (3 Positions)
Report to: CTC in-charge and HJF DPMO
Location: Songwe Region
Terms of Employment: One year contract with option for renewal
Major function of the position
Under the supervision of CTC in-charge, the CTC clinician will engage and provide HIV and AIDS prevention, treatment and support services to clients receiving care at respective facilities in the supported districts. The incumbent will ensure provision of HIV and AIDS services are in line with protocol and HIV management guidelines for Tanzania. To fully provide the intended services, CTC clinician will be stationed at the facility where s/he is assigned to by district authority. The incumbent will provide services across the cascade of HIV continuum care and will be responsible for documentation of all activities and services provided to clients.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend clients attending CTC to ensure service are provided in accordance with HIV continuum of care
- In collaboration with CTC in charge ensure all clients attending at OPD and other entries are offered HIV counseling and testing
- Perform HIV testing services (HTS) using screening tool at OPD setting by Screening of OPD clients to identify eligible clients for HIV testing and Provision of HIV testing services to all eligible patients at health facility
- Provide assisted partner notification services for all index clients
- Collaboration with facility staff to ensure Linkage case management model is well understood and its implementation as a routine service to all new identified clients
- Supervision and coordination of lay counselors to ensure all positives identified are attached, followed, and enrolled into ART
- Ensure all clients identified to be HIV positive are linked to care and started on ART on the same day ( Same day ART initiation)
- Ensure all clients on treatment are categorized according to their stability to allow application of Differentiated Care Model for stable and unstable clients
- Ensure pediatric population attending the facility are screened for optimized PITC using children specific screening tool
- Ensure all positive children are started on optimized ART and those who are on old regimen to change the regimen to TLD
- Ensure HIV disclosure and adherence to pediatric population is done at the facility gradually to improve retention and viral suppression
- Coordinate and participate during children Saturday clinics and teen clubs as way of improving adherence and viral suppression
- In collaboration with CTC in charge ensure there is pediatric job aids, posters and working tools
- In collaboration with CTC in charge ensure there is demand creation for HIV viral load sample collection and samples are collected on daily basis and documented properly
- In collaboration with CTC in charge ensure all clients are screened for TB and initiation of IPT to eligible clients is done on daily basis and documentation is done properly
- Ensure HIV positive women are screened for Cervical Cancer and those found to be positive are started on treatment
- Document all the services provided in the available registers according to HIV continuum of care
- Work closely with CTC in charge to coordinate service provision, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of care and treatment services, RCH/PMTCT activities, early infant diagnosis (EID) and TB/HIV collaborative activities.
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to respective authority. Perform other duties as requested by your supervisor
- Diploma in clinical Medicine from a recognized institution and must be registered with the relevant professional body in Tanzania
- 2 years’ experience providing HIV/AIDS clinical care in Tanzania or previous experience working in HIV/AIDS care and treatment
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Basic Competency with Computer Applications [Word, Excel, PowerPoint]
- Willingness to stay at the working station 100%
Key personal competences:
- Self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative
- Respect professionalism and medical conducts
- A team player
- Good interpersonal skills
- Clinical acumen in managing patients
Method of ApplicationCover letters, resumes and Education certificates should be sent via email to [email protected]
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB and LOCATION in the SUBJECT LINE.
The deadline for submitting the application is 20 November 2020.
Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description below, will not be considered.