CS Core Support Engineer at Nokia
- Company: Nokia
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Operation and maintenance of NSN Rel. 4 CS Core networks.
Plans and performs technical activities to service the customer independently directly or through customer interface.
Main Responsibility Area:
Plans and executes technical tasks according to given tasks, along with existing processes and instructions. Works with the responsibility of responding to customer problems directly or through internal customer interface. Solves technical problems.
Main Network Elements supported:
- MSC Server ( All HW and SW releases)
- MGW (All HW and SW releases)
- STP (All HW and SW releases)
- Nokia Cloud Band (Network Director, Application manager, and Infrastructure manager)
- Release 4 NSN CS Core, STP and CBAM Network Elements operations
- Second line maintenance support for Siemens STP
- Managing CS Core and STP operational KPIs
- Resolution of trouble tickets raised by NOC / Customer / other SLM Teams
- Escalation of complex faults to the next level for support
- Liaison with other SLM team to resolve faults / technical issues
- Detailed analysis of core Performance Data and work to resolve all deviations
- Supporting Core optimization team.
- Actively participate in CS core equipment acceptance test for handover between delivery and MS/ Customer
- Signaling traces (protocol analyzer) analysis to resolve faults
- Daily / weekly routine maintenance checks and operations
Deliverables / Performance Measures (Goals and targets to be achieved:
- Core NE’s downtimes decreased, meeting SLAs Roaming operations
- Expansion on A interface / POI ( new or existing)
- Rehoming POIs / BSC’s / RNC’s
- Integration of new BSCs / RNCs
- Backup (Fall back / charging files) internal & external media as per process.
- Routing & numbering plan definition and changes
- Circuit group management / Signaling links creation management and modifications / Digit analysis etc
- Responsible to keep software levelling in all Network elements
- Provide BO Core Team Leader with reports of work done daily & co-operate fully.
- Keep eye on Core elements license limitation and time
- Develop and perform failover test and reporting.
- Fault correlation, impact analysis and root cause analysis for core and service network.
- Routing table analysis, B-Number Analysis.
- Active participation in cross functional projects and ensure proper integration of new services with core systems as well as new core nodes in network, keeping critical live services uninterrupted.
- Root cause analysis for SMS service problem.
- Provide roaming support to external bodies like other operators
- Regular Core & Service nodes health checkup, ensure node backup.
- Analyze network reports of core system elements on daily/weekly basis & thereby take preventive actions.
- 24 *7 NOC back office support.
Desired Skills, Experience and character
- 5 years or more experience
- Extensive experienced as Nokia CS CORE back office engineer.
- Extensive experience with core software application including all CS CORE components.
- Experience in communicating with different groups/teams.
- Must have hands on experience on Nokia CS CORE operations & maintenances.
- Good knowledge in operating systems.
- Good knowledge of shell scripting.
- Good Troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to adapt to work in a multicultural environment
- Analytical and conceptual thinking, problem solving ability
- Collaboration skills
- End user / Customer service orientation
- Integrity and credibility.
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate other
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th September , 2021.