Credit Risk Associate at Citi Bank
- Company: Citi Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
ICG Risk Analysis (IRAUs) is an integral part of the Institutional Credit Management (“ICM”) organization. The IRAU’s mandate is to deliver best-in-class credit risk analysis, monitoring and credit administration as a partner to ICG Risk and Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory’s (BCMA) shared commitment to ensuring the safety and soundness of wholesale lending across ICG.
ICG Risk Analysis Credit Risk Associates are responsible for a portfolio of ICG Risk Relationships, owning the Credit Risk Analysis for those relationships, and being responsible for the continuous monitoring of that portfolio. That includes the production of Annual Reviews, Quarterly Reviews, and the support to Ad-Hoc Transactions and Portfolio & Industry Reviews and Stress Testing.
A Credit Risk Associate is expected to have a deep understanding of credit risk, of Citi´s internal policies and procedures, and of being knowledgeable about the industry fundamentals that portfolio belongs to. They should need minimal supervision from their respective Credit Risk Team Leads and be able to carry thoughtful conversations with ICG Risk and BCMA partners.
This role has responsibility for the portfolio of relationships and the role reports directly to the Credit Risk Team Lead.
- Assess the credit and financial strength of Citi’s most complex Large Corporate, Public Sector, and Financial Institutions Clients by performing fundamental credit analysis of counterparties using both quantitative and qualitative factors
- Complete Credit Analysis Write-up Memos and Final Obligor Risk Ratings of Citi’s Counterparties based on independent assessment and judgement completed on the due diligence of the client and industry knowledge to provide appropriate extensions of credit remaining within Risk appetite
- Continuous monitoring of the covered portfolio, including following industry trends, impacts to key relationships, and escalation of potential credit issues to Credit Risk Team Leads, ICG Risk and BCMA partners
- Reviewing and providing recommendation on the risk raking across this sector
- Partnership with applicable regional and industry stakeholders in BCMA and Independent Risk in the implementation of credit assessment and monitoring standards for applicable portfolios
- Support ICG Risk Analysis Voice of the Employee (VOE) initiatives
- Travel (less than 10%)
- Risk & Credit Underwriting:
- Well developed analytical skills, including an understanding of key financial components (liquidity position, leverage profile) with the ability to identify root causes and trends and anticipate horizon issues
- Forms independent opinions on credit and recognizes emerging risks
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of financial statements and GAAP accounting or similar governance relating to country of operation
- Sets the standard for industry research capabilities, including risk and key drivers
- Solid understanding of Credit Policy and procedures; Proactively reviews Citi policies and procedures to benchmark against transactions and work submitted
- Demonstrates and executes the ability to identify potential risk issues that need escalation and escalates them promptly
- Displays a deep commitment and positive attitude to Citi and colleagues, is reliable, and eager to do more
- Embraces the need for change and appreciates its benefits with natural curiosity
- Demonstrates professionalism by being reliable, actively contributing in meetings, asking questions and challenging ideas
- Proven culture carrier
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and exert influence with and without direct authority with Senior Levels of Management
- Solid organizational skills with ability and willingness to work under pressure and manages time and priorities effectively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills
- Advanced experience with the internal ICG Templates and with Financial Modeling
- BA/BSc in Finance or Accounting or higher degree in Business (MBA), or any other related subject
- Financial Services experience including 3-5 years of credit experience in Banking or Credit Risk Management
Job Family Group:
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 9th June, 2022.