Credit Officer x7 at The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ)
- Company: The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) September, 2020
The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) is a Semi-Autonomous Public Institution which is 100% owned by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar. It was established on June, 30 1966 under Cap.153 of the Zanzibar Companies Decree as repealed and replaced by the Companies Act No. 15 of 2013. The primary function was to carry on the business on commercial banking activities in all of its Branches and Departments within Tanzania.
The Bank is currently offering Conventional and Islamic Banking Services through its Branches in Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Mtwara, with power to receive deposits, invest, lend money and other related Commercial Banking Services.
The Bank is currently undertaking expansion of her services and thus inviting the applications from qualified and energetic human capital with the right knowledge and skills to fill the following vacant posts below:
Post: : CREDIT OFFICER
Location : Unguja 3 , Pemba 2 ,
Dar es Salaam 1 , Mtwara 1
Facilitate the lending process after verifying the creditworthiness of the customer and reviewing loan process.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor degree in Banking and Finance or Islamic Banking qualifications, Economics, Commerce, Finance and Accounting from any recognized University.
Key skills and competencies:
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Customer service orientation
- Professional qualifications such as CPB/ equivalent shall be an added advantage
- Problem solving
- Honesty and integrity
- Carry out credit analysis and requests on customers
- Interpret documentations to make appropriate decisions.
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, financing and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants’ credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Compute payment schedules
- Analyze risk on loan approval.
- Confer with underwriters to aid in resolving mortgage application problems.
- Negotiate payment arrangements with customers who have delinquent loans.
- Market bank products to individuals and firms, promoting bank services that may meet customers’ needs.
- Comply with credit policies, credit lines, procedures and standards in conjunction with senior managers.
- Update list of blacklisted customers and use the same for clearance of new loan applications.
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral network in order to locate prospects for loans.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor from time to time.
Term of service:
- Three (3) years contract (Renewable).
- Age limit of not more than thirty-five (35) years as at 30th September, 2020
Attractive salary with PBZ Scales/Grades will be offered to the selected candidate along with incentive packages as per PBZ Staff regulations.
Method of Application
Applications from interested candidates should submitted the following: –
- An application letter (hand written) signed by applicant himself specifying the position they are applying for and the duty station.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with e-mail, telephone number and details of two (2) referees.
- Copies of Academic Certificates; provisional results and/or statement of results shall not be accepted irrespective of circumstances. Photocopy of Zanzibar ID or National (Tanzania) ID.
- Two recent passport size photograph
- Testimonial letter from previous employer, in case the applicant has working experience
- Only qualified shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
The People’s Bank of Zanzibar Ltd
The deadline for submitting the application is September 11, 2020