Credit Officer (Loan Recovery) at Uchumi Commercial Bank
- Company: Uchumi Commercial Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kilimanjaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Uchumi Commercial Bank Limited is a Community bank which has recorded fast growth over the past fifteen years and which provide banking and financial services to Small and Medium size Enterprises (SMEs) in Northern Tanzania.
The bank is seeking a dedicated, self-motivated and highly organized candidates to join Uchumi Commercial Bank Limited in the below posts to achieve and surpass safety and quality objectives to the reward of both the individual and UCBL.
POST : CREDIT OFFICER (LOAN RECOVERY) (1 POST)
REPORTING LINE : CREDIT MANAGER
LOCATION : UCHUMI COMMERCIAL BANK LIMITED MOSHI
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Ensure that the bank credit policy is strictly complied with.
- Ensure day to day monitoring of all accounts in arrears in coordination with bank’s appraisal team and Credit Manager.
- Close follow up with defaulting customers by visiting their business/residences, telephone calls, issuing reminder letters, default notices, emails and recover over dues from them.
- Develop and implement recovery strategies of loans and overdrafts.
- Ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements and procedures on asset classification, recoveries and debt collection.
- Liaisons with debt collectors and other external service providers on recoveries and ensure all documentations are well executed.
- Coordinate with Management Credit Committee for taking effective recovery actions.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the senior staff/ General Manager from time to time.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL IDEALLY HAVE:
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Finance, Banking, Accounting, economics or law with relevant professional training in Risk management
- One to two years working experience of managing recoveries.
- Decisiveness, Resilience and Resourcefulness.
- Performance orientation and strong problem solving.
- Good communication and high level of interpersonal skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
Uchumi Commercial Bank Limited offers competitive salary and remuneration package designed in line with the local market. Entry salary for the above post will depend on experience and skills.
Short listed candidate will be required to meet all costs associated with interview attendance
Method of ApplicationApplicant should send a written application including a current CV addressing the above criteria giving full details of previous and current employment, qualifications and referees to General Manager, Uchumi Commercial Bank Limited, P.O. Box 7811 Moshi. Or E-mail: [email protected].
Uchumi Commercial Bank Limited has a strong commitment to moral, confidentiality and safety management. If you are not contacted by Uchumi Commercial bank Limited within Seven days (7) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Late applications will not be considered. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
The deadline for submitting the application is 25 February, 2021