Credit Card Manager at Equity Bank
- Company: Equity Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Credit Card Manager
Report to: Senior Manager, Issuing and Acquiring
Date: Nov 2023
Function level: Assistant Manager
Responsible for Credit Card Solution
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to ensure the Credit Card function operates within allocated budget.
- Responsible as first line of evaluation of Clients creditworthiness and assist to recommend to management on recommending credit card loan requests.
- Be champion of maintaining records of all loan applications relative to Credit Card product.
- Responsible for the growth and profitability of credit card portfolio.
- Responsible to drive credit card sales by developing initiatives whilst focusing on product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis.
- Responsible for product life cycle for all card related projects which includes product concept evaluation, system impact analysis and documenting product description.
- Perform end to end demonstration for the new product to all important stakeholders internally.
- Champion in identification of potential risk factors especially default risk and determine solutions to mitigate potential exposure to the bank.
- Create and champion credit card policies and procedures to streamline operations and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Be first level support to internal and external customers for all credit card related queries and issues arising.
to support NTB card adopters to increase income.
- Responsible to totally collaborate with Credit function in alignment of how vetting process will be handled, repayment strategies will be handled.
- Responsible for preparing business strategies aimed to grow the unit in alignment with the performance metrics.
- Responsible to ensure total value proposition to clients through cross promotion of additional bank products.
- Responsible for client retention to ensure business sustainability through proper portfolio management and strengthening client relationship by monitoring and reviewing financial reports and targets in relation to business portfolio trends and performance.
- Responsible for developing initiatives to support growth of product channel whilst being a contributor to the development plans relating to card products and digitization.
- Responsible for engaging with relevant stakeholders (Credit, Compliance/Risk/Fraud/Processor etc.) to mitigate any card business related risk and processes whilst implementing proper controls.
- Responsible for defining and implementing strategy supporting Global Payment Acceptance business towards operational excellence and brand delivery.
- Responsible for implementation of the Group processes and service delivery metric (SLA) to carter for Credit Card Portfolio.
- Responsible to manage targets and budget goals for the Business Unit, whilst ensuring effective control of costs for a range of functional areas to increase cost efficiency.
- Responsible for continuous monitoring of changes in associations, legislation, regulations, initiatives, and relevant industry practices.
- Responsible for enforcing and ensuring Compliance with Audit requirements as well as Schemes Standards (VISA/Mastercard).
- Responsible for ensuring any related product innovations and projects are implemented timeous.
- Maintenance of expert knowledge on products, pricing, application procedure, processing, and timelines to drive and achieve relevant targets.
- Responsible to actively engaging in card product designs to ensure market adaptation, enhancement, and competitiveness over time.
- Responsible to ensure utmost best service and management of customer queries efficiently and within timelines.
- Overseeing management of card business transactions disputes, fraud monitoring and risk management relative to credit card portfolio where necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining productive relationships with Associations (VISA/Mastercard) whilst ensuring front of line involvement for the bank.
- Actively supporting design and development of marketing plans alongside market requirements and consumer needs.
- Be on the top of market intelligence by identifying the emerging market trends to complement product enhancement.
- Enforce periodic updates of all card and digital related revenue lines while enhancing user banking experience to complement bottom line performance.
- Responsible for contribution, creation and implementation of agreed business, marketing and promotional strategies for cards and digital banking solutions.
- Play a contribution to advising the bank on best practices approach and go to market strategy implementation to complement Credit Card Portfolio growth.
- Initiate and manage co-marketing plans for card business to maximize product and business results.
- Plan major/national events, programs and activities that will drive credit card adoption.
- Monitor and track performance of existing card and digital banking solutions and platforms ensuring value generation to expectations.
- Customer Satisfaction Improvement: gather feedback from end-customers and work with product team and customer service team to improve customer satisfaction.
- Ensure acquisition of new skill and know-how necessary to support execution of card and digital strategy, improvements to digital processes ultimately driving financial returns for the portfolio.
- Promote and present to targeted customers to acquire new business partners.
- The Equity products include pre-paid cards, loyalty programs, gift cards, installment card, express cards and any program that can be facilitated with the use of card, POS, mobile banking users, Internet corporate and retails and e-Commerce.
- Track and maintain Credit Card Customers to ensure continual growth and sales targets through weekly reporting, daily assessments, and constant portfolio management analysis discussions.
- Leverage prospect and contract new cardholders by presenting the appropriate solution for the business.
- Ensure high productivity levels by Credit Card Relationship Managers through performance reviews while regularly mentoring and coaching to achieve desired outcome.
- Maintain Corporate customer’s relationships to ensure continual growth of sales targets.
- Work closely with all internal and external stakeholders i.e., Exco, Heads, Senior Managers, Branches
- Merchant Supervisors, Digital Channels teams, Product, Customer Service & Operations, Integration team, clients, and vendors to provide value added service for our Digital channels & Credit Card Function.
- Ensure 100% compliance to the Banks policies and procedures.
- Oversee to ensure the bank corporate image is promoted.
- Ensure branches and supervisors are well supported for effectiveness and efficiency service delivery through regular assessments of branch visits and engagements.
- Any other duty assigned by immediate supervisor.
Credit Card Manager at Equity Bank Tanzania
Knowledge, Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Advanced Knowledge of card schemes regulations and processes on combating fraud.
- In-depth knowledge of risk and regulatory requirements and management as they apply to payments.
- Strong analytical and detective like skills.
- Excellent credit, financial and business analytical skills
- A minimum of 3 years’ banking experience in card financing, credit or payment business.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Good communication skills and high standard of written/verbal communication is essential.
- Must be able to work to a high level of accuracy.
Education Qualification Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university preferably in Banking, commerce, Economics, Accountant, or related field.
- Professional qualifications e.g., CPA, etc. is an added advantage.
- 3 years of experience working with card financing, digital financing, and or credit field
Method of ApplicationIf you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to: [email protected]
Deadline: Thursday 1st December 2023