Credit Analyst, CCIB at Standard Chartered
- Company: Standard Chartered
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We are committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Interact with the client, gather deal requirements, financial statements and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence
- Work with RM/product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products
- Work with RM in a) obtaining all pre clearances like ER negativity, segmentations, etc b) preparing & presenting work-shopping note and c). expediting approvals
- Responsible for end to end BCA process including preparing all the tools like Raptor, Scorecard, etc, in-depth analysis of various risks, quality presentation and ensuring fast credit approval.
- Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies e.g. preparing the Country portfolio standard checklist, Temasek check, other special reporting requirements etc.
- Coordinate and prepare for GCC meeting
- Liaise with GAM credit for limit approval/allocation. Release the trade offering in IMEX under the delegated Authority from the Segment Head, after obtaining the necessary approvals.
- Seek necessary approvals for excesses in the account.
Post deal account monitoring
- Monitor quality of the portfolio by tracking excess/past dues, strictly complying with ASTAR, EAR processes.
- Ensure timely submission of quality Quarterly Credit Reports.
- Monitor Risk triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and report appropriately.
- Ensure Zero BCA over dues.
- Liaise with Credit on BCA and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on queries.
- Proper maintenance of Credit files and ensuring Audit Ready at any time
- Attend EAR/Portfolio call/ MTM calls along with RMS
- In partnership with the relationship manager, ensure timely identification of account to be put in EAR as per the bank’s policies and guidelines.
- Prepare timely stress tests wherever required
- Prepare specific industry study wherever required.
- Work on specific request from custody for limits (only FI specifc).
- Prepare PMC report (only FI specific). Prepare summary sheets for FIS (only FI specific)
- Prepare Credit opinion reports wherever required.
- Effective use of creditmate & RMWB.
Monitoring and Controls
- Keep a vigil on the Portfolio Monitoring Reports/ Credit Monitoring processes & ensuring that liad down procedures/Policies are complied with any deviations to be escalated to Unit Head/ Head Credit & Operational Risk Controls/Credit
- Oversight on CIC/ASTAR process. A proactive approach to identifying EAR accounts – No sudden slippages into GSAM.
- Ensure to remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Banks efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to : identifying our customer, knowing our customer, reporting suspicious transactions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Clients (including at senior level) / Trade associations, etc
- legal firms
- Accountants etc
- Senior stakeholders (FM/TB/CA/CRC/Credit, etc)
- Effective structuring the deal along with the RM – no of structured deals handle successfully
- Completion of BCAs and obtaining Credit approvals on time to facilitate faster execution of transactions.
- Revenue from the portfolio
- No overdue BCA, QCR
- Efficient handling of EAR, minimal ASTAR
- Nil provisioning.
- Satisfactory audit and other internal & external reviews
- No movement of account to GSAM without going through EAR
- A proactive approach to identifying EAR accounts – No sudden slippages into GSAM.
- Timely generation & circulation of various Monitoring reports.
- No surprise deficiencies to be detected in the Excess Monitoring Reports after the stipulated timelines for checking of the Reports- Evaluation to be based on spot checks by line manager and will take into account any relevant findings by internal/external audit/assurance reviews.
- Degree in Business/Commerce/Economics preferred, however a degree in a science or other related field where analytical skills are gained is acceptable
- ACCA/CPA qualifications are an added advantage
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th September , 2021.