Country Manager at Nyota Tanzania (Agent for Maersk Tanzania)
- Company: Nyota Tanzania (Agent for Maersk Tanzania)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Country Manager, Tanzania & Rwanda
Reporting to die Eastern Africa Area MD, the position of Tanzania & Rwanda Country Manager requires strong commercial leadership qualities to drive growth and profitability in a highly complex yet interesting business environment with vast business opportunities. Based in Dar es Salaam, the role leads the Nyota Tanzania as Agent for Maersk Tanzania & Rwanda, and manages teams in Dar es Salaam, Tanga, Zanzibar and Kigali. The Tanzania & Rwanda Country Manager is an integral part of die Area Leadership Team.
A highly visible commercial position where you will demonstrate leadership capabilities, industry and market knowledge as well as commercial and sales expertise, and where you will develop and lead die organization to further success.
An engaging and rewarding role as you will lead, coach and develop a team of engaged and professional colleagues.
Exposure into executive selling and stakeholder management skills that are required to thrive in a fast-growing market.
- Design and drive an effective commercial strategy in Tanzania & Rwanda for Ocean and Logistics & Services.
- Drive growth and profitability of Maersk in Tanzania & Rwanda along with cost and efficiency improvements.
- Coach and drive die Tanzania & Rwanda sales team to aggressively grow Maersk’s footprint on die landside delivering two-way (Customer and Maersk) value complementing our strong Ocean footprint.
- Lead the organization ensuring all commercial, operational, and financial targets are met.
- Continually manage key stakeholders and customers relations as well as cost and efficiency improvements in the Countries.
- Drive performance management with the team structure to deliver the country’s performance scorecard.
- Execution in line with the Maersk global Strategy and the local strategy implementation and commercial delivery in the geographical scope.
- Relentlessly drive the commercial pipeline and sales standards in line with the company’s commercial principles.
- Liaise actively with the Area/region to ensure dynamic pricing achieved in line yield/utilization targets.
- Represent Maersk with all relevant external stakeholders and proactively manage all stakeholder relationships.
- Actively monitor local NPS across segments and drive local improvement to improve customer satisfaction along with Customer
- Coach direct reports for success and development.
- Own and foster high team engagement.
We are looking for
- A University degree in a relevant field.
- 7 years* sales management and general management experience within the Logistics and Services Industry.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using data to drive business results.
- Strong commercial mindset and networking skills.
- Proven ability to interact with senior management of various stakeholders including key government bodies.
- Inspirational and ambitious leader with a high level of energy.
- Have the ability to lead and coach teams in an engaging and motivating environment.
- Proven ability to work as a change agent and challenge the status quo.
- Strong Problem-solving mindset.
HOW TO APPLY
Method of Application
Please send your application to [email protected]A.P Moiler – Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70J000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
The deadline for submitting the application is 18 February 2022.