Country HSSE Officer at Wasoko
- Company: Wasoko
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Wasoko is an e-commerce company transforming communities across Africa by revolutionising access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Zambia, Ivory Coast and Senegal use Wasoko mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Country HSSE Officer
Reporting to the Regional HSSE Manager, this position is responsible for the efficient security operation by securing premises and personnel through inspecting the premises and monitoring surveillance equipment. The CSO inspects the premises and ensures compliance to security policy and procedures and prevents losses or damage by reporting irregularities that may arise such as theft attempts on valuable assets and property. This role also ensures that Wasoko premises maintains excellent working
conditions by keeping the facilities safe and problem-free and coordinates all security service providers in the premises and submits periodic reports as required by the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in formulation and maintenance of a security strategy that supports the company’s vision
- Assist the management in the identification, development, and implementation of security policies and procedures and ensure compliance
- Help to develop and document security procedures/policies for the company
- Help conduct regular risk assessment for the company and advise the management on possible solutions
- Assist in ensuring security audits and risk analysis for all branches and making recommendations
- Determine and select appropriate security systems and manage security installations where/when required
- Help in orienting all staff on security procedures and conduct security awareness programs
- Assist during crises, disasters and/or other emergencies to ensure safety of all staff and visitors
- Maintain relationships with high level law enforcement agencies and prosecution agencies
- Assist in the selection and management of third party security providers through clear and measurable Service Level Agreements
- Intelligence gathering and creating security awareness and advice to foster staff, customers and company assets security
- Lead investigations on all incidents, crime and discrepancies, file reports and liaise with the relevant security agents
- Strengthen and maintain the integrity of security systems
- Ensuring that the contracted security firm adheres to the agreed security terms of reference and advising the management of non-compliance
- Planning and implementing emergency systems in the company.
- Assist in developing and delivering loss prevention training program for employees
- Help in Identification, recommendation, and implementation of systems to minimize loss of merchandise, money, or company assets.
- Monitoring inventory to identify theft or shortages.
- Conducting periodic inspections of stores and facilities to ensure surveillance and security equipment is functioning properly.
- Preparing reports of effectiveness of established prevention measures.
- Researching and implementing additional security measures.
- Auditing sites to ensure inventory is processed, handled, and monitored appropriately; and documentation of any errors or failures.
- Developing policies and training staff in loss prevention, reduce shrinkage, and use tagging and/or report mechanisms.
- Minimising the financial losses of a retail operation related to theft, vandalism, accident, and injury.
- Develop ways to detect safety issues and security violations and to put programs in place to prevent repeat occurrences.
- Degree/Diploma in Social sciences ( Criminology and Security studies an added advantage)
- At least 5 years of service in disciplined Forces or Private security
- Proven investigation skills
- Good IT skills
- Experience in FMCG industry/ Logistics
- Proven management skills Managing Outsourced Guarding Resources,
- Fire safety and fire fighting Skills
- Physical Security operations (Entry control, Security systems monitoring , Crisis
- management, Field management)
- Good people management and coordination skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Excellent geographical knowledge of Tanzania
- Business fluency in English & Swahili
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st July, 2022.