Country Credit Analyst at Greenlight Planet
- Company: Greenlight Planet
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Introduction to Greenlight Planet
Greenlight Planet is a multi-national, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 32 million people in more than 60 countries and have sold over 8 million products worldwide.
Greenlight Planet continuously strives from its wide range of trusted Sun King™ solar lamps and home energy systems to its innovative distribution partnerships to its EasyBuy™ pay-as-you-go consumer financing model to meet the evolving needs of the off-grid market.
Greenlight stays in touch with underserved consumers’ needs in part by operating its own direct- to-consumer sales network, including thousands of trusted sales agents (called “Sun King
Energy Officers”) in local communities across local communities. For Sun King Energy Officers, this is a good source of income and employment, and they become an essential member of their community bring light and catering to local energy needs within their communities.
Today, with over 900 full-time employees in 11 countries, we remain continuously impressed at how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to the global off-grid challenge, from new product designs to innovative sales and distribution strategies, to setting up better collection mechanisms, to better training strategies, to more efficient logistical and after- sales service systems. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of underserved consumers.
Greenlight Planet is looking for a Country Credit Analyst to join its Risk team. The Analyst will be responsible for providing enhanced analytical insight into the credit risks and working closely with the cross-functional teams of sales, operations, and finance to minimize credit risks & improve portfolio health.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE INCLUDE:
- Identify and classify potential default risk through data collection and interaction with clients.
- Assess adherence to collection processes and procedures
- Produce objective assessments of loan portfolio quality based on the research/question/ assignment given from time to time
- Achieve independence of the collection process/default
- Preparation of field reports/collation of data/ documentation and reports
- Red flag identification and timely reporting of the same
- Investigate fraud cases and give recommendations of the same (which includes data collections and interviewing claimants).
- Carry out snap checks on processes and provide findings and recommendation of the same.
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
- Any other task allocated by the Credit Manager-Africa
THE IDEAL COUNTRY CREDIT ANALYST:
- Holds University Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Banking, Finance, and Actuarial or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience, preferably in the Audit/Risk/Credit/Analytics
- Have strong analytical skills, very attentive to detail, possess advanced excel skills
- Should be able to collect data and detect fraud
- Can effectively interact with business partners across functions including risk, technology, product management, amongst others
- Has excellent verbal and written communication
- Is comfortable travelling across the country monthly in the field working with operations and salesforce
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers competitive compensation, a fun, supportive work environment, and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people: We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, or disability.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 1st July, 2021.