Cost Accountant at Startimes
- Company: Startimes
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: COST ACCOUNTANT (1 POST)
Locations: Dar es salaam
StarTimes Group was founded in 1988. It is the most influential system integrator, technology provider, network operator, and content provider in China’s television broadcasting industry, and it is on its way to become a media group with global influence.
With a global vision, StarTimes began to expand its business to Africa in 2002, and has been working closely with African governments to jointly promote digitalization and informatization. To date, StarTimes has established subsidiaries in more than 30 African countries, including Rwanda, Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Mozambique, Guinea, D.R.C., South Africa， etc., and has started operations in some of them. With nearly 12 million DTV subscribers and 14 million OTT subscribers, StarTimes has now become the fastest-growing and the most influential digital TV operator in Africa.
We are hiring a Inventory accountant also referred to as a cost accountant to handle accounting function for a business relating to the cost of inventory, merchandise and material on hand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing inventory analysis reports and analyzing variances
- Diagnose the cause of inventory variance
- Assisting in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory
- Verifying accurate standard costs
- Monitoring inventory transactions
- Reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger
- Preparing monthly inventory report
- A minimum of at least one year experience as an inventory or cost accountant,
- Bachelor degree in finance or accounting required
- An understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory.
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Oracle experience will be added advantage
Method of ApplicationSend your CV and Application letter to [email protected]
Deadline: 26th January 2021