Coordinator – Inventory at Orica
- Company: Orica
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About the role
We are extremely excited to announce that we are on the lookout for a Coordinator – Inventory to be based in our offices in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
The primary purpose of this critical role is to be accountable for inventory accuracy, maintaining the integrity of all the products and performing all tasks related supply chain activities in Tanzania. This role will report to the Lead – Distribution.
In return for your professional commitment, we can offer a healthy salary, genuine career pathways and support into leadership or engineering specialization.
What you will be doing
- Performing all inventory movement activities both physical and in the system;
- Ensuring that the products within the warehouse are not damaged, lost or mishandled;
- Performing all tasks following Health and Safety as a top priority;
- Ensuring that all legal requirements for dangerous goods storage are met at all times;
- Ensuring continuity of supply to customer sites in Tanzania, managing inventory accuracy and reducing slow moving inventory;
- Implementing best practices and look for opportunities to improve efficiency, increase safety within the warehouse and reduce costs for the organization;
- Maintain landed cost register to monitor cost of all products in country.
What you will bring
- Higher education in logistics / supply chain is preferable;
- Experience in dangerous goods handling;
- All Legal certificates required to handle dangerous goods and explosives;
- Knowledge and understanding of SHES requirements and regulations covering the storage and distribution of dangerous goods;
- Experience with SAP Material Management module and Microsoft office Suite.
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14th October, 2022.