Coordinator For Diakonia Development (CDD) at KKKT
- Company: KKKT
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT) is Faith based organisation in Tanzania and of the second largest Lutheran denominations in the world with over 8.5 million members to date. The Mission of the Church is to make people know Jesus Christ and have life in its fullness by bringing to them the Good News through words and deeds, based on the Word of God as it is in the Bible and the Lutheran teachings guided by the ELCT Constitution. Among other roles, ELCT has continued addressing her basic call of serving humanity in holistic manner – The role they have always practiced in three church ministries – including Evangelizing Ministry, Healing Ministry (Health) and educating Ministry (education).
The Health and Diakonia Directorate (HDD) at the Headquarter office of ELCT is responsible for Coordination, Advocacy, Capacity Building and Facilitation of different health services provided by the Lutheran church in Tanzania through their dioceses and common works. In addition, the directorate as others in the ELCT HQ office is responsible in the promotion of Lutheran Church Identity through the provision of health services in the 172
ELCT health facilities which are located across the country and in implementation of programs and projects. Some of these health facilities are partnered with the Government to provide services to the communities through Public Private Partnership (PPP) and service
ELCT HDD is engaged in many aspects of Human development and Prosperity. Through the concept of Holistic care and in the spirit of leaving no one behind – the HDD has always strive to support all people in need including the sick (for both curative and rehabilitative), the poor, the dying (and those in need of Hospice and Palliative care), the young, the old and vulnerable members of our community. The Diakonia engagement has five priority areas which are People: Wellbeing and peaceful coexistence, Planet; protection of earth’s ecosystem, Peace; securing peace dignity and human rights, Prosperity; herness the earthly resources, economic and technology, and Partnerships; improving local, regional and international cooperation.
POSITION : COORDINATOR FOR DIAKONIA DEVELOPMENT (CDD)
Reporting to: Director of Health and Diakonia – ELCT
Location: ELCT HQ Office, Arusha,
Operation: Frequent travels within Tanzania
This role is specifically aim at strengthening ELCT capacity to effectively contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development agenda as part of our Diaconic engagement along with other actors in Tanzania including the Government and Faith Based Organization (FBO). The ideal candidate is reponsible for ensuring that the ELCT’s Diakonia and Development Programs/Projects are successful and align with mission and values. She/he will play a critical role in building partnerships, securing funding and support the achievement of goals and objectives. The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of Global Sustainable development agenda and specifically how they all interrelate in the Faith Based organizations environment. Also, the good understanding of local and international policies, guidelines, treaties and the role of the faith-based organization in supporting while maintaining faith, values and ethics. The candidate should have comfort in working with all faith communities. The idea candidate will serve in the ELCT health and Diakonia Directorate at the ELCT HQ office in Arusha to support the mission and vision of the church and complement the national and Global agenda to support the five Ps which are also the priorities of the ELCT HDD in its Diakonic engagement. Should also be able to support the ongoing efforts while leveraging the technical and material support from other stakeholders within and outside the faith networks.
- University degree or equivalent in Clinical Medicine (MD, MBCHB), Public Health, development studies or another relevant field
- Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, Project management, Theology or
Diaconic studies will be an added advantage.
- 8-12 years’ experience in managing and leading multi-faceted programs with at least 3 years at senior management and supervisory level.
- At least 5 years’ experience with implementing, coordinating, and leading technical
interventions for Multi-Donor funded projects preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of collaborative leadership, program implementation, and problem solving, with evidence of skill in liaising with the donors.
- Experience guiding and coordinating financial teams to develop and track budgets for complex financial and grants management activities
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills in English and Swahili
- Self-starting, team player committed to participatory and inclusive approaches
- Fundraising capacity: ability to identify funding opportunities including development and submission of competitive proposals to various donors.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili
Additional qualification and Experience
- Proven experience in positions involving project/ program planning, management and administration in the area of development.
- Knowledge of the 2030 UN Agenda for Sustainable Development and related processes.
- Working knowledge and/or experience in FBOs and Interfaith operations and engagement in the areas of Health, Education, Peace and Public Private and international partnerships
- Experience working with FBOs, mission societies, related agencies or ecumenical organizations.
- Experience in making contribution to applied research.
- Advanced skills in monitoring and reporting; ability to comply with stringent requirements of multiple donors.
- Problem-solving skills, initiative and empathy.
- People management skills.
Leadership and Supportive Supervision Skills
- Creative and self-motivated
- Working effectively with others
- Good Leadership skills
- Analytical thinking
- Achieving results in timely manner
- Accountable and professionalism
Required Professional Skills
- Project management – level high
- Communication / networking – level high
- Facilitation / Negotiation – level high
- Innovation – level confirmed
- Resources management / fundraising – level confirmed
- Advocacy – level confirmed
Main Duties for this Position:
Developing and implementing diakonia programs:
- The coordinator will be responsible for designing programs that align with the organisation’s mission and values. He/she will work with other staff to develop strategies for implementing these programs and ensuring they are effective.
- Provide overall management, strategic direction, and technical leadership to the diakonia works of ELCT HDD to ensure that the expected project results are achieved within budget and timeframe.
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation, management and reporting of the diakonia works of the ELCT HDD.
- Coordinate the credible and effective implementation of program activities in collaboration with the ELCT Health Directorate staff and mgt, ELCT Dioceses and Interfaith communities.
- Ensures the program is theologically rooted and advocacy oriented. Liaises with the Head of Advocacy for consistency.
- Facilitates knowledge / practice sharing and collaborative processes with faith-based, ecumenical, or thematic-relevant organizations.
- Coordinates the budgeting process of the project in collaboration with the ELCT Finance mgt team, ensures financial compliance, and timely reporting of the program.
Managing Diakonia Projects:
- The CDD will oversee the implementation of specific diakonia/development projects to
ensure they are completed on time, within budget and meet the ELCT’s quality standards.
- Facilitate the capacity building activities for various stakeholders during the project implementation and related Program activities including organizing of meetings, activity reports etc.
- The CDD will be responsible to establish and maintains relationships with the key stakeholders to advance the ELCT diakonia /Development goals.
- Coordinate the diakonia work that happens at the diocese and integration to other health and related programs.Fundraising:
- The CDD will play a crucial role in securing funding for the ELCT Diakonia programs. With collaboration with other staff, he/she will work to develop grant proposals, organise fundraising events and cultivate relationship with donors
- Ensures a proactive, high-quality and appropriate communication flow with all internal / external stakeholders and various audiences, particularly ecumenical organizations and global partners.
- Leads fund-raising efforts for the program through professional communication, development and submission of competitive proposals to the funding partners regarding the program.
Providing leadership and support
- The coordinator will provide leadership to other members working on diakonia projects/programs, ensuring there are resources and support to carry out their work effectively.
- Creates a conducive environment for the team with proven people management and good practices.
Monitoring of diakonia programs:
- The CCD will be responsible to track program progress and evaluates the effectiveness of Diakonia and Development desk under ELCT HDD. He/she will be responsible to make any necessary adjustments to improve program outcomes and ensure they align with the ELCT’s overall mission and goals.
- Complement and support the monitoring, evaluation and Learning for the program, coordinates monitoring activities in target
- Produces regular progress reports on the program as per donor and internal ELCT requirements
Method of ApplicationSend your application letter, academic certificates and resume with names of three referees and their contact information before the application deadline. The application letter should contain the address below;
Secretary General Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania P.O. Box 3033 Arusha, Tanzania
NB: 1. All applications MUST be sent by email through [email protected] 2. The HEADING for the application must state the position being applied for: Eg “Application for ELCT CDD Position” or “Application for ELCT ECDCo Position”