Coordinator 2 – Drilling & Coreshed Data at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Coordinator 2 – Drilling & Coreshed Data
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – Lease & Core Area
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The role exists to provide administrative and data support to the resourcing and execution team by carrying out tasks assigned to ensure safe and efficient work processes, mainly collection of all drilling data for Reverse Circulation drilling (RC) and Diamond drilling (DD) for reporting and invoicing.
- Minimum Diploma or Degree in Geology / Mining Engineering / Mineral Processing from a recognized institution.
- 3 to 5 years in exploration or mining preferably in data processing.
- Demonstrable computer experience particularly on GIS, Excel, Word, SAP, Document Control, DocuSign, Database, and report writing
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Comply with all HSE rules, processes, and requirements.
- Perform data entry for Geotech data, SG data and Drilling data into the exploration database
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly drilling reports
- Process documents onto the DocuSign system for digital approvals.
- Create purchase requisitions (PR) and service entry sheets (SES) for contractors.
- Act as the departmental document control coordinator.
- Update daily coreshed KPIs on PIPware system
- Update PR tracking sheet.
- Raising Reservations as required
- Perform GIS activities for exploration
- Compile drilling and coreshed data as per supervisor’s instructions.
- Enter drilling plods into the connected mine database
- Conduct reconciliation of drilling data from drilling supervisors and from DDR on weekly and monthly basis.
- Physical fitness
- Good at written and spoken English and Swahili languages
- Possession of Tanzania driving license is an added advantage
- Drilling and down holes survey techniques (Gyro) is an added advantage
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th May, 2022.